My last two paychecks were much more than usual...

The first of which was over twice as much and my last one was almost twice as much as I typically get paid.

Should I bring this up with accounts payable or say fuck it, don't spend it and just hope it skates by unnoticed?

I work for a corporation so I'm certain I could use it more than they can but I have a guilty enough conscience as it is without the idea of me being shifty. Also my last day at this job is the 31st of this month.

I only make $12.50 an hour so this is a pretty substantial chunk o' cheese for me.

Well, wtf would you do?! Phone Post 3.0

If you spend it, they'll just withhold future checks until your balance is even again. Or they could fire you. Phone Post 3.0

They'll take it back when they realize it. I work for state government and our policy is if errors like this happens you have to pay it back however many paychecks they missed it. Like they find it your next check they take it from that. If they find it 20 checks from the error they will take a chuck out of your next 20 checks. Stupid, but this just happened to me for an extra 16 hours of holiday pay. Phone Post 3.0

Do the right thing. Hookers and blow. Phone Post 3.0

Leave the country Phone Post 3.0

The right thing to do is return the money that does not belong to you.

Not everyone does the right thing though.

If you decide to keep the money, don't spend any of it until you leave the job. If you cannot return it immediately upon request when still working for them, they will take it from your next/last check.

Once you leave the job, their only way to recover is through a civil lawsuit. Which they will win, because they can easily prove your pay rate and how much they paid you vs the hours you worked.

But you're not breaking a law ;)

Are you Richard Pryor? Phone Post 3.0

Yossarian - Are you Richard Pryor? Phone Post 3.0
Nice!

What do your pay stubs say? Do they list a reason for the extra pay Phone Post 3.0

Find out why. Yes they will get it back. Phone Post 3.0

What does your pay stub say? Extra hours? Different hourly rate? Blowing the boss bonus? Phone Post 3.0

My buddy was supposed to get a 2.00 an hour raise once but got 20.00. He lived it up for a month or so, but it did not end well. Phone Post 3.0

Dunno, I got paid twice once by a former job, They found out and subsequently had every right to rip it back out of my account. Luckily I didn't withdraw or spend it.

Secondly, I deposited two big checks, instead of an 8k deposit I was credited $16k.  I didn't touch it in either case, wanted to. But didnt; because I knew shit would come down later.

My .02c

I once had a job where I was getting paid much more than I should have been, & didn't figure that out until a year in. I told management immediately & gave them two weeks notice. No way I could or would have stayed at the intended rate, & no way I could pay it back over any amount of time. No hard feelings either way, & they did offer to keep me on without charging back pay, but it just didn't feel right.

Doesn't apply to OP in any way, just reminded of the story.

Given it's a corporate gig that's known to be coming to its end, it seems likely they're amortizing some benefit they're required to pay you on the way out.

Doing the math at the pay rate given, we're talking about less than $1000 here for the excess on both checks put together. If you're leaving soon, fuck it sit on the money and wait to see if they call you on it. If they do, return it and say you thought you got paid a bonus or something. If they don't, then enjoy your bonus bro.

Maybe it's back pay for an pay error they found on their end where they underpaid you on past checks? Phone Post 3.0

I've already been paid for the vacation they would owe me so it's not that.

As far as pay stubs go, they deposit the money directly into a separate account which I then use to transfer money into my savings. I have to login to their website to check my pay stubs and I haven't logged in in like three years so I have since forgotten my info. Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts - Doing the math at the pay rate given, we're talking about less than $1000 here for the excess on both checks put together. If you're leaving soon, fuck it sit on the money and wait to see if they call you on it. If they do, return it and say you thought you got paid a bonus or something. If they don't, then enjoy your bonus bro.

Maybe it's back pay for an pay error they found on their end where they underpaid you on past checks? Phone Post 3.0
I think I'll go this route and live with the fact I'm a crook. Phone Post 3.0

southcraw - I've already been paid for the vacation they would owe me so it's not that.

As far as pay stubs go, they deposit the money directly into a separate account which I then use to transfer money into my savings. I have to login to their website to check my pay stubs and I haven't logged in in like three years so I have since forgotten my info. Phone Post 3.0
Go reset your password and login info. Talk to whoever can help you login. What you think is an error might just be your money..lol Phone Post 3.0

When I was 16 I got paid twice, and spent it right away. They never found out. IDGAF. Spend the money. I believe an earlier poster said "hookers and blow". Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts -
southcraw - I've already been paid for the vacation they would owe me so it's not that.

Go reset your password and login info. Talk to whoever can help you login. What you think is an error might just be your money..lol Phone Post 3.0
I suppose so. And hey several hundred dollars means a whole hell of a lot to me so I'd like to keep it anyway I can. Phone Post 3.0

Are they paying out PTO or something? Phone Post 3.0