My Mistake...

In for support, i also love the 3 fight no cut contract idea. Its pretty clever. Sadly its the kind of thing a union would enforce and as independant contractors your not allowed one, do i have that right? Phone Post 3.0

Great post and hopefully If not Zuffa,other organisations at least will take notice. Phone Post 3.0

Love it Nate!

Nate 'Rock' Quarry - Again, thanks for the support.
If I've said anything I regret, it's my blanket statement, "The UFC doesn't care about it's fighters." Dana and the Fertita's have shown over and over that they do care in many ways. I'm just wanting better conditions for the fighters.
When I say the "UFC" doesn't care, I feel like I'm speaking about a corporate entity. I was asking for something once and was told, "That's against UFC policy." And I thought, well, who set that policy? It seems that we get going in one direction to become profitable and then it just snowballs.
I think quite often a corporation becomes the scapegoat for all the things that are wrong with a situation and because it's now "corporate policy" no one steps in to change things.
Profit sharing, no cut contracts, things that we all want when we see the company we work for take off.
Fighters are no different. If you break our noses, do we not bleed?

A fighters union is probably the only way you guys could negotiate on behalf of the fighters and improve compensation. Individually, it's just going to be ex-UFC guys speaking out and Dana et al will blow it off because they can always spin it as guys with personal vendettas -- as long as current fighters keep their mouths shut, which they will as they're afraid of upsetting their employer.

Management structures hate unions no matter what, they don't want to have to negotiate with any entity with significant leverage and will raise wages, benefits at even the hint of worker organization. Of course it's tougher with independent contractors because the fighters aren't technically employees and are seen more as business/trade partners.

Best of luck to any fighter that wants to organize against Zuffa. The Fertittas are one of the best management teams at skirting worker discontent just enough to avoid unionization.

The instant cut after losses has to go. Your idea for the three fight guarantee should be a minimum of protection. No where else would a contract like that stand. It's like saying a fighter hasn't lived up to his end of the contract because he lost a close decision or was knocked out.

I agree with all that nate says. I would like the minimum wage in the ufc to be even higher than nate suggests. If you make it ti the top of the mma world you should make more than 30k per year imo Phone Post 3.0

In Dana's media scrum yesterday he didn't bash nate at all, he sort of put it down to when Nate fought for us we were millions in debt. I don't think there's any reason they can't have amicable discussions and listen to some of his concerns, give Nate quarry Matt Hughes job IMO Phone Post 3.0

Pretty good points.

What professional athlete at the highest organization in their respective sport gets paid less than 50k? Ufc is the major league of fighting and most of its roster is getting paid less than minor league baseball players. These guys deserve 50k a year minimum if they fight 3x. Thats only 15k a fight. Phone Post 3.0

Great post, Nate. Couldn't agree more! Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

Nate obviously did not take too many blows to the head. Very well stated my friend! Phone Post 3.0

Why doesn't Nate Quarry have a green name?

Nate Quarry fan checking in! Phone Post 3.0

Sub. Start a fighters union Nate Phone Post 3.0

Great ideas. Phone Post 3.0

6ULDV8 -

Why doesn't Nate Quarry have a green name?

. Phone Post 3.0

Phenomenal post, Mr. Quarry. You have some perfectly logical and fantastic ideas that would certainly help change some of the things that are wrong in The UFC at the moment. Some perfectly common-sense ideas that would be absolutely brilliant if actually applied. Thanks for posting, and thanks for the awesome memories from inside that Octagon. Much respect, man. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for your post nate. I've been a fan since TUF, not just for your actions in the ring, but out of it as well. You were a well spoken representative of the sport during a time when it was still emerging to gain acceptance, and  helped to counteract stereotypes. A good ambassador for the sport, then and now.

. Phone Post 3.0

Great post.......