My Mistake...

Nice

In on page 7! YES!!

why this guy even bitch about a fight that happened 10 years ago? Is he retard? Earning 10k in those days was big money.

Cindy wouldn't bag on Nate.  I don't think anyone would. 

Meticulous and articulate and a great voice.

Would be awesome to hear Nate call fights.  Fighters with balancing voices should be laying it down for us in the not too far future, colour and play by play.

Goldie and Rogan got a few years left, but will be ready to move onto greener pastures eventually.  After that, proven fighters calling the action would be awesome.  The sport will be old enough and it would be really nice to listen to guys (or girls) that have been there, done that, and got the T-shirt.

TTT

Bas Rutten like

AlexinTO - Great stuff. Very balanced and honest with no agenda.

Could or would you speak about PED use?

How prevalent is it and how much pressure do guys feel to use something?

How inadequate is the testing?

Do fighters feel like they can easily beat the scheduled urine test and therefore can tailor their PED use accordingly? How does this affect other fighters who are clean and who know that their opponents who use probably won't get caught? Phone Post 3.0

Will be interesting to see how this is answered if answered.

Believe

I totally agree with you in regards to the sponsorship fees, uniforms and such. Huge income defecits are now happening to fighters because of these tactics and it really comes across as pure greed.

UFC isnt already making enough off of ppv's, apparel, live gates, their own sponsors, etc? They really have to charge 100K for a potential sponsor to have to spend even more money? Who td came up with that ridiculous idea? And its insulting for Dana to say something like "eh, they werent making as much money as you think".....really shouldnt be your call. Something is something, you know?

Its like the fighters are taking a double pounding. The min pay stays low, they prohibit certain sponsors from sponsoring fighters because of conflicts, they charge a ridiculously high sponsorship fee so that bars even more sponsors from being able to sponsor fighters....i mean, when does it end?? Its pretty sickening if you ask me.

Danas super cheap when it comes to contracts and will not give some fighters a better base pay...... And then to hear about dana bragging he gambled away a million is a huge slap in the face..... Phone Post 3.0

Honestly, the things Nate is asking for are really, really, REALLY reasonable. 30k/year for 3 fights for a fighter new to the UFC is a reasonable beginning salary. It's not lucrative cash, it's certainly not going to do much to alter Zuffa's bottom line, and it would go a long way to make sure that even the poorest paid UFC fighters can make ends meet on their salary, which should be expected from one's profession.

I saw on the Lorenzo thread a comment from Dana that said sponsorships are not his problem, they are the fighters' problem. I would agree with that, except if the UFC is taxing sponsors (especially 100k? What the fuck?) for the privilege of sponsoring their fighters, then they are actively creating problems with sponsors for the fighters. Not to mention the sponsors who are outright banned from UFC events. If it's not your problem, you need to stay the fuck out of it. Don't say "It's the fighters' problem" and then actively make it more difficult for them to obtain sponsors. I know people are outraged by shit Dana says and does constantly, but I am usually not. Usually I can dismiss it as a necessity for the promotion of his business, or something similar to that. This, on the other hand, is truly a bunch of bullshit. If you're not going to get involved in it, DON'T GET INVOLVED IN IT. Don't get involved in a way that fattens your pockets while directly making it more difficult for the fighters to obtain sponsors. Obviously, if you ban a sponsor, you limit the total pool of sponsors available and willing to fund the fighters on the card. If you force them to pay a huge tax (100k? LOL, fucking ridiculous) that is also obviously going to limit the ability of many companies to sponsor anyone. So please, don't say this isn't your problem when the UFC's policies have actively made it more difficult for fighters to obtain adequate sponsorship for their fights. If you're going to say that sponsorship is their issue, then either stay out of it completely or pay them enough that they don't need to find sponsors willing to jump through your hoops of bullshit money-grabbing.

Also, in regard to what The Sultan said, where did such an outrageous fee come from? If the fighters aren't being paid much by sponsors, then why would the UFC think it's reasonable to charge a sponsor 100k or even 50k for a sponsor to appear on an event? Maybe if you didn't bleed them dry for the honor of appearing on a tshirt during your PPV, they would be able to afford to pay the fighters a bit more? I'm sure there are plenty of fighters who would love that 100k divided amongst them instead of going to the company.

The UFC has a real opportunity to earn the respect and good will of both fans and fighters right now, and I don't think they have to break the bank to do it. Take care of your employees, you're starting to look like real scumbags from a fan's perspective.

lauri - why this guy even bitch about a fight that happened 10 years ago? Is he retard? Earning 10k in those days was big money.

Not sure if serious...

Pretty damn reasonable Phone Post 3.0

Epic thread. I nominate you for the president of the Fighters Union Phone Post 3.0

We need more heros like this Phone Post 3.0

GsusGDCMMAdtcom - We need more heros like this Phone Post 3.0
Hero?? Wow great first post Phone Post 3.0

Much respect to Nate Quarry for taking time and being passionate enough to speak out on this, especially since he won't even be the one to benefit financially if the UFC does grudgingly start loosening the purse strings.

Also, much respect to the man for having the courage to logically think things through, in order to free himself of the myths that were taught to him as truths during his formative years.

Hopefully now that so many people are coming out things will change for the better in the areas that need be Phone Post 3.0

Nate I read your post and really don't understand what you're trying to do. It seems like you've been a trouble maker in the past according to your post and maybe you're just looking for more trouble.

It's tough being out of the limelight that the UFC provided-there's other ways to stay relevant besides this soap opera with no end-game in sight and no clear direction of what you're fighting for

Nate Quarry is thankful to UFC president Dana White for helping pay the bills when it came to back surgery. The former middleweight contender wasn’t able to train and informed White who paid for the operation years ago. “I will always be indebted to Dana White for helping me there and I know he’s done that over and over again for other guys,” said Quarry to Bloody Elbow. “He’s one of those guys who’s generous to a fault with helping fighters – helping people in general. You hear that over and over again."

"What most people don't know is, before my back surgery, I went to Dana White and said, "I can't even train anymore. My back hurts so bad and I can't afford surgery. I don't know what to do. "And he said, "We'll take care of it. Go get it done." So Dana White is 100% responsible for saving my career"

The UFC 'cares nothing about their fighters" is also what you said. You got hurt on TUF and they let you stay and coach. They let you pick your replacement and you picked Leben and coached his corner. The UFC has supported you in every facet of your career and I think this little PR stunt you're pulling is BS

Blazing Knees - 

Nate I read your post and really don't understand what you're trying to do. It seems like you've been a trouble maker in the past according to your post and maybe you're just looking for more trouble.

It's tough being out of the limelight that the UFC provided-there's other ways to stay relevant besides this soap opera with no end-game in sight and no clear direction of what you're fighting for

I'm shocked to see this post from the same poster who omitted boxing (on two separate threads) from his list of comparison sports to MMA for salary purposes. . . Shocked!