My not-so-impressive PR's

I'm unsure how DIY would go over in the weightroom I'm in now- they require bar collars for deadlifts.

that dip-clip makes me wanna hit the gym right away... cool stuff.

a couple of lifts I did recently, BW around 77 kilos (170 lbs):

deadlift, 175 kilos, 6 sets of 3, no support gear.

military press, 32-kilo kettlebell, 3 sets of 5 (right hand only, I use a 28-kilo bell for my left because of a shoulder injury)

chinups, 2 sets of 5, with a 40 lbs weight vest, dead hang to touching the bar with my collarbone. Not exactly a great performance for me, due to the aforementioned injury.

School weight room :\

Xen are you saying that Doug isn't Thor? Cuz I have it on good authority that he is.

Hell, go get a length of chain from Home Depot and 2 heavy duty caribeeners from REI. Stick that thru your lifting belt and... Ta da...instant dip belt.

Or do what I do: Hold the DB between your legs just above the ankles. Not the most comfortable thing in the world but I've done dips with 70lb DBs like that.

Come to think of it, there's not even a dip station. 4 olympic platforms though, so there's a tradeoff.

JRL,

That's a good strong dip!

Jon,

My gf does approve of correcting the tilt, mainly because it makes my abs look nicer :)

-doug-

Herts,

Damn man, that's a lot of big setbacks. You should know at least that with my bad shoulder issue, that it did take about 7 years but i'm now doing even more than i used too!

-doug-

Taku,

Making progress now. You should jump on the bandwagon!!

Androushka,

I think it's a great lift, and as important as other gym lifts (I.E. its fine for GPP).

Dogmeat,

Nice dip, and nice vid!

Jens,

Those are sweet lifts! That's a pretty decent pullup considering your injury.

Squatdog,

That reminds me... i've been holding the weight between my knees, but i have some chain. I bet i could just use chain and a sweater so it doesnt hurt my back.....

Xen,

Jon is correct. I am Thor with a shoulder injury LOL.

WT,

I hold it between my thighs (just about the knee). Much more comfortable.

-doug-

Just checkin up on you big man, cuz I value your happiness

LOL. Yes it is sir.

-doug-

Damn Herts, that sounds like a big run of bad luck. What happened to caue the burns?