My take on Arona/Jackson.

Arona is AWESOME!

Where's the post fight interviews?

Here's a link to the interviews:

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/pride/events/pride_gp_200
4_2nd/card.html

They're real media files and there are english
translators.

I laugh at anyone who thinks they can tell one way or the other what KO'ed Arona. Having watched it over and over, its very hard to say.

However, keep in mind that the slam bounced Arona's head of the mat with enough force to bounce back up and put a big cut into Jackson's face. Arona's head hit the mat really, really hard.

yeah gotta agree, it was the headbutt to the chin. In slow motion Arona still has his guard closed even after his head hits the floor and is back on the way up, stays closed until the headbutt. Looks to me like QJ hit Arona's chin, and you know how people react when they get hit in the chin sometimes even just lightly, that more often causes KOs than anything else so I just think its more likely that the headbutt KOed him cause he hit his chin so hard

The headbutt was totally unintentional but I personally feel the fight should be ruled a no contest and they should go at it again.

Arona held on when he should not have. He lost. Quit whining.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it was accidental and QJ deserves the win. The slam was awesome, and I see no prblem with it. I'm just sayin wouldn't it be more likely he was KOed by the headbutt to the chin rather than the slam, people get KOed from light strikes to the chin all the time, yet slams and shots to the back of the head while being more dangerous often do not result in KO. I personally thought big Kevs slam was much worse not only because he is bigger and stronger being a HW but also because of how wild and out of control it was...seemed like Kev put his all into that, yet Fedor is totally fine...is it more likely that Fedor is OK because he's just the toughest SOB ever, or maybe it was because there was no followup headbutt or anything like that. Just an idea, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what the fighters think happened.

Arona had no chance of choking out Rampage because he does not need air or oxygen to live.

Complaining about a headbutt after a slam on a triangle is like complaining about getting punched in the face when you go for a heel hook.

It's an occupational hazard.

"It's an occupational hazard. " funny, but a little different

Plus punches are a legal strike in Pride whereas headbutts aren't.

I know it's not boxing, but if an accidental headbutt knocked a fighter out and badly cut another it'd be declared a no contest.

Accidental headbutt KO. Win for Rampage.

Case Closed.

Move on folks

I`m glad he lost and got knocked out too. It makes up for all those boring ass fights he has put me to sleep in before and maybe now we won`t have to see his boring ass again for another 15 months . I sure hope so.

lol, so what about the idea that the TEETH caused the cut, don't they wear mouthpieces?

erm, most mouthpieces only go on the top row, maybe he slammed into Arona's jaw and cut his head? I suspect however that it was just caused from the huge impact.

Give Arona the winner of Rampage/Silva

Though he lost, Arona impressed me with the way he pressed the action. He wasn't employing the usual lay-and-pray and he should be commended for that. He tried, and almost succeeded, in finishing the fight a few times with his sub attempts and that heel to the eye from guard. TTT for Rampage & Arona!

yeah maybe the bottom teeth caused the cut? can anyone confirm this???

also agree, Arona looked real good, but Rampage did great too and obviously enough to get the W

ttt