My take on Wanderlei Silva

I'm with the mob on this one: What's your name and record Ghost?

ghost doesnt have to post his name and record in order to give his take on silva or his matchups

He's Dave Hojak.

Win over Blake Gaskin by Submission

you're right jacktripper, he doesn't. I just want to know who to root against if he makes it out of the D leagues. At the current rate of his posts, I don't know if the guy has time to train though...

"then you are as dumb as he is."

Gator, diss me if you want... you call me a troll for criticizing Pride's handling of their champion, I call you a dyslexic dumbfuck for not seeing my point on this.

Silva's a great fighter. I've said this before. I say it again. What's NOT great is Pride's blatant favoritism of him. You're a shitbag and I hate you. I'm not going to explain this a third time. And don't go calling ANYONE dumb, when you're the one up in here not knowing what the fuck I'm talking about.

Id like to offer another scenario about Silva. Id be willing to wager that he fights as often or more than any other fighter in the top eschelon. That said, how can any fighter stay healthy fighting the best of the best every two months? Also, if he were to fight at his present rate with the best of the best there would be no more exciting matchups. So who can fault him for taking fights with chumps for the biggest paychecks in MMA with Pride? If he is guilty of anything its being greedy. And whats with you motherfuckers, you cant have an intelligent conversation without getting into a pissing contest. Your on your computer... typing. Being a toughguy on the internet makes you look retarted no matter how good you might be.

"And whats with you motherfuckers, you cant have an intelligent conversation without getting into a pissing contest. Your on your computer... typing. Being a toughguy on the internet makes you look retarted no matter how good you might be."

Thanks JCF. I appreciate the back-up.

"ghost you are correct about everything but its not his fault. he has stated numerous times that he doesnt choose his opponents, pride does. one time he even admitted to flying over to japan not even knowing who he was going to face.

blame pride not wand"

I do, brother. Completely. I just think that eventually, there will be a showing of force that leaves Vanderlei without this Stigma Japan's worked so hard to create for him. I wonder when that will happen, and how.

silva will get ko'd again 1 day. who knows when

ttt

Silva has proven himself to be at the top of his class. His victories over solid competitors such as Hendo, Mezger, etc can't be taken lightly. He pretty much singlehandedly ended sakuraba when many people regarded sak as the best MMA fighter. He successfully stood toe to toe with CroCop. And he WON THE GP. Granted I would love to see him fight Tito, vitor, chuck, and couture, but lets not ignore the fact that he thrashed Rampage, who kicked Liddell's ass, who convincingly beat Tito AND Vitor. The only one who's not in this equation is Couture, who I think would be the toughest match for Silva out of all these guys. I do think that Rampage had the tougher path in the GP, but there was nothing to indicate that he wasn't fully prepared to face Silva in the finals. He came out strong and energetic and managed to take Silva down quick. But Silva's defense was solid and Rampage couldn't do anything decisive. Back on their feet Silva landed decisive shots and turned Rampage into a punching bag once he smelled blood. He earned that victory, and I don't think anyone can question his legitimacy as a champion after that.

"Silva has proven himself to be at the top of his class. His victories over solid competitors such as Hendo, Mezger, etc can't be taken lightly."

I agree... but they were too long ago to be considered heavily.

"And he WON THE GP."

Who'd he have to fight to do it?

"He earned that victory, and I don't think anyone can question his legitimacy as a champion after that."

I'll question it until him and a fresh Rampage get in there and do it again.

Honestly, I haven't seen the GP semifinals so I can't comment on how much Silva or Rampage were worn down. Obviously Liddell would be the tougher fight than Yoshida. But in my opinion, Rampage looked fine in the final match. He came at Silva strong and aggressive. But Silva won the fight by getting in good shots after the stand up. If there was any significant outside factor to give Silva that victory, it was the stand-up (which you could argue was a bit pre mature) moreso than Rampage being tired from fighting Liddell. IMO, a rematch with both guys fresh would play out similarly.

I do agree with some of your points, but I still think Vandy is still a legit champ. But he is definitely not the unbeatable killing machine that Pride has made him out to be.

"Honestly, I haven't seen the GP semifinals so I can't comment on how much Silva or Rampage were worn down. Obviously Liddell would be the tougher fight than Yoshida. But in my opinion, Rampage looked fine in the final match."

You need to see the fight I did between Chuck and Rampage. Jackson spent some SERIOUS energy dispatching Liddell... by KNOCKOUT, no less... and you know if anyone's gettin a KO win over Liddell, that was one win they worked for.

Laying on Yoshida for 3 rounds doesn't compare, sorry.

"Jackson spent some SERIOUS energy dispatching Liddell... by KNOCKOUT, no less... and you know if anyone's gettin a KO win over Liddell, that was one win they worked for."

Correction, this was not a KO victory.

dont diss the Hes u bastards heheh

fighting at 185 then putting on weight to fight at 195 do make a difference in ur speed (slow down alittle)

to many bandwagons here ghost, bsf wheres ur fight pics with apple u god damn fuckin troll bastard

arsdale (yes crappy spelling) vs silva, god damn that was BRUTAL, loved every minute of that one

fuckit, i dont care wow fights who as long as its LEGIT and not some shadey pride thing

damn, im ranting like a mother fuck on this one, need to shit bad, got to got to shit man!

I don't agree with PRIDE's matchmaking for Silva, but I think we all know why they have Silva fight Japanese fighters. It's a business and there are plenty of Japanese fans that are willing to pay to see a Japanese fighter dethrone Silva. IMO, Kondo will be the 1st legitimate Japanese contender Silva has faced for the Middleweight title since Saku. Even though Kondo only has one fight in PRIDE, his overall record speaks for itself. If Silva sucessfully defends his title against Kondo, PRIDE should do the right thing and give a top 10 205 fighter a shot.

im betting on Kondo

just got a feeling, it might be gas though

So...you want him to face Randy, Tito, Vitor, or Chuck to be considered a real champion!??

All of whom are in the UFC as of late so why don't you just click your fuckin heels and make that happen...

After Kondo, who else is he gonna fight in Pride...all the top notch people he has beaten already?!? And remember rampage already turned down the rematch himself...

I didn't say anything about him not being a real champion, DICKHEAD! And yes, it would be nice to see him fight Randy,Vitor,Chuck, Etc. Anything is possible.

What is better?

Fight all takers at a regular (in fact very active) pace winning with dominating stops but be the victim of an event which likes to headline Japanese.

~OR~

1) fight infrequently (almost all of them)
2) win constantly by JD in boring fights (Arona)
3) fight hand picked bad matchups (Tito)
4) fight the best but have a relatively unsteallar record (Couture)

NINJA PLEASE!

I am not even gonna bother reading this pathetic troll thread. The worst thing you can say about Silva is that he has absolutely dominated and destroyed a mixture of the very best (Hendo, Mirko, Sakuraba) and only lost to extremely good by fluke BS (vitor by flash KO and possible early stoppage and Tito by dry humping). PS - anyone who lists Mariano as a real loss to bash Silva is a brainless tard. He was kicking that dudes ass royally.

Silva has really dominated MMA and no fighter can afford to or does fight top 10 non-stop. None. Those that do have shitty records and I betcha if Silva committed career sucide and went to an event that paid a fraction as much just to do it he would sport a better record then ALL OF THEM.