My thoughts on TDKR - SPOILERS

First off, I waited for the credits and nothing :( Which was disappointing.

The "twist" was very transparent to fans of the comic almost immediately. It became more and more apparent as the film went off, especially when they started saying Ra's left his child in the pit and what not.

Calling Blake "Robin" at the end of the film was freaking stupid. It was an easter egg for fans of the franchise that aren't really fans. They should've called him Dick Grayson, or Tim Drake or anything other than just saying his first name was Robin - that was idiotic. I wish they would've done like a double twist and had him be Azrael or something.

Catwoman was sexy as hell and Hathoway did a phenomenal job. She was one of the highlights of the film.

Bane was a little cooler than I thought he'd be. The fight scenes were awesome. He was brutal and well played.

The freaking Batwing thing was corny as hell. When it was flying around it reminded me too much of Archie in Watchmen with the glaringly obvious CGI and 2002 looking graphics. The freaking Bat-motorcycle rolled around like one of thise droids in The Phantom Menace.

Really? No one actually died? It was just a big old happy ending for everyone? I felt like the ending wasn't nearly as good or impactful with Bruce Wayne living happily ever after with Selina. The man was a god damned sociopath.

Overall it was fun, the first half was a lot better than the second. As the film wore on it began to deteriorate though. I'd give it a 7.5/10, not as good as the first two.

I liked the opening scenes with Bane.

I liked how they added in a few homages to the comics; Bane breaking Bruce's back and what not.

Gary Oldman was great.

Didn't like what they did with Alfred as a character, but enjoyed the acting.

It just seemed a bit lackluster overall, like nothing truly epic happening. A lot of the fake spoilers were better than the actual movie.

I can understand why people would be disappointed. However, it's hard to top the previous 2 movies. Bane was a descent villain. Bruce moving on was the key to the movie.

And it was odd at the end scene when he actually killed 2 people with this BAT.

I was disappointed in this film. As the founder of the Geekground, that's fuckin saying something.

Batman sits up in his mansion for 8 years, pining for his dead girlfriend? What a load of crap. Batman isn’t some soft-hearted, goateed slob that hides for the majority of a decade because somebody killed his girlfriend. If anything, that’s why he hits the fucking streets. The elimination of organized crime isn’t what pulls him off the street… it’s stopping street crime, any crime. What a load of horseshit.

Alfred leaving Bruce Wayne to handle all of this shit himself... what a load of crap. Alfred Pennyworth is there to the bitter end. It’s in his nature. Loyalty. Alfred is Bruce’s witness. The man who never fails to pick him up after a scrap. A man that would watch him fall, just to put him back together again. Alfred doesn't through a fucking fit an then run off.

Bane got turned into a fucking piece of muscle by the end. I am dissapoint. SO LAME. Tom hardy was good though.

The plot holes are enormous. Batman going to "prison" was done so sloppily and lazily , that it boggles the mind. Why exactly Bane decided to take Bruce Wayne to the other side of the world, before flying halfway around the world again to destroy Gotham makes no sense. His back apparently has a vertebrae protruding out of socket, but after the prison chiropractor hits the vertebrae back in place, it just takes Wayne a few weeks to get back on his feet. Jesus fucking christ.

All the Gotham police are stuck in a sewer for the 3 MONTHS, but don’t worry they’ll emerge looking clean and healthy... except for Joseph Gordon Levitt and Commissioner Gordon. I’m not real sure what the brilliant plan by the cops where... to send every cop in the city all through the same entrance of the sewer, all at the same time? GAY.

Bane’s holding the entire city hostage and if anyone from anywhere tries to do anything, he'll detonate a nuclear device. Not real sure how the citizenry of any city would get behind this guy, especially if his way of introducing himself was to blow up your local football team and the threaten you with the apocalypse.

Catwoman is fine but they don't give her much to work with.

Its not bad, but GODDAMNIT CHRISTOPHER NOLAN.... you gave us ywo great films and now you come at us with this shit?

WEAK FUCKIN' SAUCE MAN.

Avengers v DKR, which was better?

The Avengers is more enjoyable. TDKR is like Return of the Jedi. Not as good as the 1st 2 Star Wars but descent. TDKR plotline is a combination of Knightfall and NoMan's Land.

Keep in mind this is not the Batman of the comic books. This is a softer Batman. I assume they'll reboot the series in a few years to get the Justice League going.

in response to Doooooooooooooom, your review is a lot like harry's at ain't it cool. i think people who are really into batman will find reason to be upset, but i've always followed batman at arm's length so i enjoyed it

1)Batman pining: during the dark knight film, bruce wayne indicates that he doesn't even want to be batman. he wants out, he wants Dent to be Gotham's saviour. in this film, they have the dent law, the girl is dead (he's upset because despite all his effort he couldn't save her - what was the point of being the bat if you can't save those you love), so he's retired, the eight year gap seemed to be a bit much, but the series is wrestling with his demons which at the end he can finally let go. it's a different batman than in the comics

2)Alfred was fired, bruce wayne sent him away, though i agree i can't imagine alfred leaving either, it does have an impact on the viewer

3) i won't comment on the prison or some of the plot holes (it's day! no wait, it's night!)

4) they apparently could only get the cops through one point out of the sewers

the film felt epic, and i appreciate nolan's effort. i liked little details like dr. crane making an appearance as well

I agree with HEMAN, avengers is more enjoyable

It was a tale of two films for me. The first half of the film was good, the second half not so much.

I didn't have as much of a problem with Batman being a recluse as I did with Alfred leaving.

There were a ton of plotholes;

If she wanted the bomb to detonate, why were they avoiding gunfire from the Bat-wing and allowing Bruce to direct where they were going? Why not just let them shoot the bomb and blow it up? It seemed like an odd reason to make the climax of the scene a chase scene with a cheesy CGI vehicle.

The Avengers was better, it knew what it was and did it perfectly. It felt like Nolan lost the identity of the movie partway through and just kept going with it.

Alfred leaving Bruce Wayne to handle all of this shit himself... what a load of crap.

Actually, Alfred has left Wayne before in the comics due to frustration. In fact, it may have even happened during the Knightfall saga. I'll have to check....

Alfred should've come back at some point though. Just having him leave and never come back until the very end of the movie was stupid. It didn't really prove a point.

And yeah, they built up Bane as this master-mind and insanely powerful opponent only to reduce him to lackey when they did the highly predictable twist. And he goes out like a bitch.

I would've liked to see Gordon Levitt do more towards the end than drive around a bunch of little kids. And would've liked to see him in the suit.

And I never noticed it before. But the Batman voice Bale does bugs the ever-living shit out of me. He sounds like that little kid Max in those Youtube videos.

Zenoplata -  

If she wanted the bomb to detonate, why were they avoiding gunfire from the Bat-wing and allowing Bruce to direct where they were going? Why not just let them shoot the bomb and blow it up?

Nuclear bombs don't detonate when you shoot them.

She didn't care about them directing her towards the reactor site, because she had already sabotaged it and knew it didn't matter.

The guy with the funny looking face who fell through the ice. For some reason, I thought he was a CGI'd Burt Ward. LOL

TSMontana - Saw the Tate-Talia twist from a mile away...but they should've done it earlier, so the Bat/Cat romance had time to develop a bit more. They basically crammed it into the last 10 minutes of the film.

As for the main villain, Hardy played Bane surprisingly well...but I kinda wish they made the last villain in this trilogy The Joker (give Heath Ledger was still alive to play him), and gave him this plot, with all of Arkham and Blackwater prison inmates ruling Gotham for months.

I agree with this.

I had a big gripe with the way they acted like hardcore fans didn't matter. Didn't bother to make a plot-twist that any comic reader wouldn't see a million miles away, and actually naming the dude "Robin" his NAME ISNT FUCKING ROBIN! It's Dick, or Tim or Jason or Damion.

But yeah, after seeing it a second time tonight I'll bump it up to a 8/10.

I loved it as a Nolan film, and maybe it fell short as a batman movie, but it sure delivered as a film and as a fitting end to a trilogy.

The frenetic pace of dkr was still around. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time as was the entire cinema.

Hardy was fucking excellent. His bane was not a man to be fucked with. The most amazing part of this is he did all that characterization with just his eyes showing.

Hathaway surprised me I thought she'd bomb as selina, but she pulled it off real well.

What amazed me was that even the bit players were not casted lightly. Detective Quinn and petyr baelish and Bruce wayne's doctor were great surprises.

It's just sad that I'm never gonna see batman or any comic movie done this way again. Phone Post

Haha, that was Petyr Baelish at the beginning of the film, wasn't it?

Yep actually it was baelish channeling Baltimore mayor carcetti Phone Post

Just saw this today, and my thoughts:

>>The "twist" was very transparent to fans of the comic almost immediately

When she was picked for the movie, I thought "They should make her Talia, that would be good casting" - then I heard she was Miranda Tate, I thought "Oh well, missed chance by Nolan"
So they got me with the twist.

>>Calling Blake "Robin" at the end of the film was freaking stupid. It was an easter egg for fans of the franchise that aren't really fans
>>

I agree. I kept hoping he would saying something like "Maybe my real (non-foster kid) name - Richard Grayson"

Also...hes taking over? He has NO REAL training. He's had cop training, how is he going to get "real" training? First time he tries to stop a 2 hoodlum robbery, hes going to get killed.
I was hoping Bats would stay and train him, kind of like the end of Dark Knight Returns (when he faked his death and trained Carrie)

>>What a load of crap. Batman isn't some soft-hearted, goateed slob that hides for the majority of a decade because somebody killed his girlfriend. If anything, that's why he hits the fucking streets.
>>

Yeah...kind of the same mistake as Wolverine in X-Men 3. Wolverine DOES NOT cry, but hes like crying all over the place for Jean. WTF!

and, what the heck...is it the new thing in comics movies to give away your secret identity?
Amazing Spider-Man, Peter tells a whole bunch of people.
Batman, he might as well have worn no mask, everyone knew who he was anyway.

I agree with Zeno. I felt Bane was underdeveloped, and the end was too "easy". Would've been a much better ending if they had let Batman die.

and WTF was the whole "we would see each other but not talk"

WTF. Alfred is FAMILY.

Bruce would not live his life without Alfred there

DOOOOOOOOOM!! -  
The plot holes are enormous. Batman going to "prison" was done so sloppily and lazily , that it boggles the mind. Why exactly Bane decided to take Bruce Wayne to the other side of the world, before flying halfway around the world again to destroy Gotham makes no sense. His back apparently has a vertebrae protruding out of socket, but after the prison chiropractor hits the vertebrae back in place, it just takes Wayne a few weeks to get back on his feet. Jesus fucking christ.

This was just terrible. Besides the absurdness of everything you just pointed out, the fact that Bane told him his plan and then left him there, just brought back memories from Austin Powers, when Scotty was mocking Dr. Evil for leaving Austin instead of killing him. "What you're just going to leave him there? Just shoot him. I'll go in my room, I'll get my gun, we'll shoot him together, what do you say"... I can almost hear Bane saying "zip it!".

It was just ridiculous on so many levels.