My UFC thoughts!!! :)

I SO wanted forrest to win, and SOOO wanted Tito to lose, but I had to give round three to Tito.

forest won.
monson won.
tim showed much better speed than the past and a fast recovery time from the knockdown. congrats to him.
that's all.

Why I am even going to attempt this is beyond me, but here goes nothing...

"Most damage - Tito (Only damage i might add)"

Damage is NOT one of the scoring categories, so this is irrelevant!

"Takedowns - Tito (forrest had NONE!)"

I guess this would be considered "grappling". Therefore, yes, Tito won the first round for his use of the takedown and "octagon control" of Forest in Rd. 1. The takedown in Rd. 3 that he tried so hard for almost two rounds to get, scored for him, but I will get to that in a moment.

"More dominate time - Tito"

What in the hell is "more dominate time"? Whatever it is, after Rd. 1, it wasn't Tito! I can only assume you mean "aggression". If so, then the nod goes to Forest who made Tito look gassed after Rd. 1! By the way, "aggession" is a factor, and remember when Tito took Forest down in Rd. 3? Watch the fight again, and watch how Forest was staying more aggressive than Tito by throwing elbows while constantly moving on the bottom. Forest also was controlling Tito and looking for a triangle. So, Tito had an opportunity to do something in Rd. 3, but blew it. Forest stayed active and was much more impressive from the bottom than Tito was from the top. Therefore, the "grappling" aspect of this exchange leans toward Forest, IMO. Also, watch when he gets up, how he ends up smacking Tito around some more!

"Closest to finishing the fight - Tito"

Once again, this is not a factor, and when did Tito come close to finishing the fight? Not that this matters, but Forest was never in danger after Rd. 1!

"Standup - Forrest (barely)"

BARELY? LMAO! Ok, this is where I realized that you are trolling!

Did you not see the fight?

Anyway, let's try this again with the UFC's judging criteria, and NOT YOURS ;)...

EFFECTIVE STRIKING: Forest. If you don't agree with this, I am not sure what to tell you.

GRAPPLING: Tito- but you MUST give Forest credit for stopping Tito's desperate shot attempts in Rd. 2 and 3. IMO, he should get more points here for stopping Tito's 25 desperate shot attempts rather easily, than Tito does for getting 1 takedown in two rounds. But, for the sake of argument, we'll give the points to Tito.

AGGRESSION: Forest. He didn't look half dead after Rd. 1, and was constantly attacking Tito with his strikes. Even on the ground in Rd. 3, Forest was more aggressive!

OCTOGON CONTROL: Forest. Octogon Control is Forest dictating where the fight will take place. In Rd. 1, Tito won, but in Rd. 2 and 3, the fight was right where Forest wanted, as you could see by Tito's desperate shot attempts.

"I don't see how Tito lost."

That's because your love has clouded what you saw. Don't feel bad, my opinion doesn't count during an MFS fight either! :(

"Forrest never came close to finishing the fight and did zero damage."

Once again, this doesn't matter. Look at the St. Pierre vs. BJ fight.

"Tito mauled him in the 1st, lost the 2nd slightly, and won the third slightly."

sighs

Anyway, long story short. I really don't care who won or lost this fight, as I am NOT a fan of Tito, and would not call myself a fan of Forest either. However, I will call a spade a spade, in the most tactful way possible. This is my attempt to do so, but my tact isn't working too well! :)

By the way...

FRAT! :)

You don't get points for sprawling any more than you do for escaping subs, or not getting KOed after a punch. Those things are DEFENSIVE, not offensive. There is no points for defense other than not losing, which is its own reward...

"You don't get points for sprawling any more than you do for escaping subs, or not getting KOed after a punch. Those things are DEFENSIVE, not offensive. There is no points for defense other than not losing, which is its own reward..."

I understand completely. That is why I said Forest should get "credit" for this, but awarded the point to Tito! I just think 25 sprawls that make your opponent look desperate, are more impressive than 1 takedown, but whatever... Tito gets the nod there, I agree.

Aside from that I thought the striking was pretty much even, and Tito got that lone takedown. I thought that was pretty much the "TNN Turning point" as it were.

Maybe I should rewatch it. But seriously, I was desperatly hoping for Forrest to pull out the win of Tito, so if anything I was going to be biased for Forrest, but I didn't see it going that way...

BZLJJ has come through with a great thread as usual! =)
As my Sylvia thread had stated Friday, Tim brought it home baby! Congrats to MFS and great job my THE one and only Mike Cies on his cornerman appearance! Look for big things coming fom him! I love in the backgrounf on the Sherdog interviewe I can hear Mikey saying "YOU KNOWWWWWWW"

MFSfan4life,

Who are you? :) LOL!!!

"Ron, I will pay you to burn Tim's fur coat and those big dork ass sunglasses. Please man, I am begging. Take one for the team and save the sport."

I would, but the last time Tim and I rolled, he messed up my knee. So, I still have a ways (and many pounds) to go before I can kick his ass! ;)

But, you are right, the glasses do make him look dorky! I haven't seen the coat...

;)

you have to flip a coin between matt and royce? for shame!

"With great sacrifice comes great reward."

I am NOT a Tito fan, and will NEVER use that phrase! lol

"you have to flip a coin between matt and royce? for shame!"

I really think that Matt will win, but I won't be upset if Royce pulls it out. I like Matt a whole lot, but Royce is seriously the guy that got me interested in this sport! I even attended a Royce seminar a couple of years before I started training with Pat! Royce is, and probably always will be, one of my heroes! My screen name is BZLJJ for God's sake! ;) LOL!

PS. See you Thursday for weigh-ins! :) I will be with Mike Cies!

BZLJJ...shoot me an MMA.TV mail and I'll get you that response you've been asking for.

There would be few happier people with Tim's result than me!

Great work!

"two days ago, Arlovski was going to KILL Tim and was unbeatable, now everyone is jumping off his bandwagon. Why is that? He lost"

Because the argument was that despite his unimpressive 9-3 record and no wins over top HWs, he was awesome and unbeatable now because he had improved so much, and would easily destroy those who beat him in the past. Being KO'd by a guy most think isn't that great shows that maybe he isn't a contender for top HW in the world after all.

Also, I don't see how anyone can scoff at the standup being mostly even in Tito/Forrest. Forrest threw 10x as many punches as Tito, true, but the vast majority were blocked or whiffed completely. Tito probably landed as many solid connects over the course of the fight, possibly even a couple more.

And no way did PDP deserve a decision for landing a few jabs.

MFSfan4life,

Check your MMA.TV mail, and/or email me at BZLJJ@AOL.COM!

orcus,

I disagree with most of what you say, but have already addressed most of it above! ;)

ttt