My water heater is 22 years old

From what I'm reading online, that's not a good thing... Phone Post

My hot water on demand is 3 years old.

Shower in hot watery goodness for as long as you like, and I bet you won't see a change in hydro. Maybe on the water bill though.

In.

How long does the typical new hot water heater supposed to last prior to detonation? Mine is 6 years old. Phone Post

I think mine is at least 20. It was old as fuck when I bought this house in 06. I have the $ for a new one but fuck it Im riding this bitch till she quits.

Same with my furnace. Its been chugging along since 1955. Every year it sounds worse but Im gonna let it die a warriors death.

I just replaced mine yesterday after 15 years.

Wtf I try and buy the highest rated one I can find according to consumer report and get the one with dual rods 12 yr warranty etc. and I'm lucky to get 7-8 yrs. my area has extremely hard water though. Phone Post 3.0

ghost842 - Wtf I try and buy the highest rated one I can find according to consumer report and get the one with dual rods 12 yr warranty etc. and I'm lucky to get 7-8 yrs. my area has extremely hard water though. Phone Post 3.0

You don't have a softener? Nothing worse for a water heater than hard water. Phone Post

I drained the sediment from mine today. There was a lot. I'm hoping I can get another year out of it. I'm flat fucking broke. Phone Post

Mine is 50+ years old, made by Ruud Pittsburgh. Old ones can last for a long time, the new tank water heaters you are lucky to get 10 years out of.

Stuart Scott's Eyeball - In.

How long does the typical new hot water heater supposed to last prior to detonation? Mine is 6 years old. Phone Post
News one today should be replace like every tens years. Mine just broke last month and it only made it to 8 years.

One day came home and no hot water only to look in the basement was flooded with water all over the place. Phone Post 3.0

Older than me bro... Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 - 

I think mine is at least 20. It was old as fuck when I bought this house in 06. I have the $ for a new one but fuck it Im riding this bitch till she quits.

Same with my furnace. Its been chugging along since 1955. Every year it sounds worse but Im gonna let it die a warriors death.

That's awesome! We both think alike!

Tell your water heater happy birthday. Phone Post 3.0

Mine is about 15 years old. I'l ride it out till it drops dead, no reason not to. The water is still hot.

Something to watch for if you are in Canada: If you go to have a new one installed and you have the old black pvc tubes for your vent pipes, they won't do the install unless you upgrade to the new white type. They will charge about $300 to do it, but the shit only cost $50 to $100 and you can do it yourself in a couple hours.

mine is 24 years old. still kickin w/o incident. whats the deal with draining sediment? is this something everybody needs to be doing?

I replaced both elements and both thermostats today in one of my water heaters. $30 for the parts and took about 45 mins. That one is 15 years old.

My second water heater is brand new, I cross my fingers that it last 15 years before repair. Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 -

This!
I ain't fixing a damn thing that ain't broke yet! Phone Post

Eggbert - On demand hot water is the only way to go Phone Post 3.0

And this will be what I replace Phone Post

Rental water heater. No maintenance.

Canada. Can't go wrong.

Own the house tho obvi Phone Post 3.0