Myth - Anderson is a "huge" MW

I'm sick of haters trying to use this against Anderson.

You guys realize that all of his opponents cut weight to make MW too, right? In fact, most of them actually "cut" more weight than Anderson.

You guys also realize that almost every UFC champion cuts weight too, right? In fact, most of the other UFC champions cut more weight than Anderson.

He's tall with a small frame. Just because he gets up to 220 lbs when he's not even close to fight shape doesn't mean he cuts 35 lbs.

I think you've definitely settled the argument OP

Tbh it looks like he could make 170 without it being a big problem

Every single one of them. Ronda towered over Tate, Kaufman, and now Carmouche. Is there any other 135 lb woman close to her in size? Of course there isn't. Hence her being an undefeated 145 lb fighter, who needed to go to extremes with a one meal a day diet to make 135. Hopefully one day we can see her face someone close to her size, even if its a 140 lb catch weight fight with Cyborg, which she evidently wants no part of.

Myth - Anderson is a small MW

I noticed that a lot of AS fans are new to mma and cling on to this idea that he's Bruce Lee or some s*** and beats up fighters twice is size. Newsflash, he's as heavy and cuts as much weight as any other middleweight fighter.

There is not a single middleweight fight you can watch where Anderson is any smaller than his opponent

Ruin - Myth - Anderson is a small MW

I noticed that a lot of AS fans are new to mma and cling on to this idea that he's Bruce Lee or some s*** and beats up fighters twice is size. Newsflash, he's as heavy and cuts as much weight as any other middleweight fighter.

There is not a single middleweight fight you can watch where Anderson is any smaller than his opponent

Mud fight! Phone Post

SnapLocally - Every single one of them. Ronda towered over Tate, Kaufman, and now Carmouche. Is there any other 135 lb woman close to her in size? Of course there isn't. Hence her being an undefeated 145 lb fighter, who needed to go to extremes with a one meal a day diet to make 135. Hopefully one day we can see her face someone close to her size, even if its a 140 lb catch weight fight with Cyborg, which she evidently wants no part of.

Lol Phone Post

Ruin - Myth - Anderson is a small MW

I don't know that I've ever seen an Anderson fan try to brag about the size of his opponents.

Also, don't let my "12er" time here fool you. I've been a part of the MMA community for a LONG time, just not here.

SnapLocally - Every single one of them. Ronda towered over Tate, Kaufman, and now Carmouche. Is there any other 135 lb woman close to her in size? Of course there isn't. Hence her being an undefeated 145 lb fighter, who needed to go to extremes with a one meal a day diet to make 135. Hopefully one day we can see her face someone close to her size, even if its a 140 lb catch weight fight with Cyborg, which she evidently wants no part of.

this has become my new favourite post

"Newsflash, he's as heavy and cuts as much weight as any other middleweight fighter."

Source? Because he weighed in less for his 205 fight than many middleweights are on fight night at 185.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/andersons-weight-bf-source-2077367/
Anderson at 19.1% BF is 212lbs, not the "220" idiocy thats been going around. And BodPod measurements taken by a Professor is more reliable then a bunch of forum haters going by pictures they think helps their cause.

At 10% BF he is 193 lbs, and as its been stated by his trainers many, many times that he comes into fights at ~194 lbs (like he did against Maia, Sonnen, Okami etc).

His lean mass is less then that of guys like Okami, Sonnen, Vitor, or the a lot of other MW's, however this difference isnt much of a factor.

Bottom line is that Anderson is small to mid sized MW.

pretty big to be playing in the mountain west conference but not huge

I'm not sure many will try to oppose this. I am sure that many will try to use it as an argument against him. Smh

Figured someone would try to oppose. The UG in agreeance?

I heard he cuts height too -normally walks round at 7 foot easy! Phone Post

Anderson is bigger than Machida, who lets his giant balls swing freely, isn't ascurred of Jon Jones, and wrecks shit at 205.

Machida > Anderson.

orcus - 

"Newsflash, he's as heavy and cuts as much weight as any other middleweight fighter."

Source? Because he weighed in less for his 205 fight than many middleweights are on fight night at 185.

How many of his middleweight opponents have looked bigger than Anderson in the cage? Thats right zero. Keep posting those empty claims, they mean absolutely nothing

Ruin - 
orcus - 

How many of his middleweight opponents have looked bigger than Anderson in the cage? Thats right zero. Keep posting those empty claims, they mean absolutely nothing

If by 'bigger' you mean taller... then yes. I know what the fuck you're talking about.

Osbot - Anderson is bigger than Machida, who lets his giant balls swing freely, isn't ascurred of Jon Jones, and wrecks shit at 205.

Machida > Anderson.

Machida's frame is larger, but he's a couple inches shorter.

Height does not equate to mass, fool. Many fighters can attest to that.