Myth UFC 100 drew 25mill viewers in Mexico?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-fertitta072309 

"The UFC has long coveted Mexico as a market because of its vast number of fight fans. Fertitta worked out a deal with Televisa, the largest media company in the Spanish-speaking world and UFC 100 was shown live for free and drew 25 million viewers."

Kevin Iole

Slipperypescado - 
MMALOGIC -  you're right 13.3 was the peak IPOBE rating.   

Then the 25 million is a myth,  

UFC 100 went from 9.84mill and peaked at 15.96 mill viewers in Mexico

Would that be an average of  12.9 mill viewers? 

25 million was reported by yahoo:

"The UFC has long coveted Mexico as a market because of its vast number of fight fans. Fertitta worked out a deal with Televisa, the largest media company in the Spanish-speaking world and UFC 100 was shown live for free and drew 25 million viewers."

really the most important indicator is that the UFC beat both a Boxing Event and a Soccer Game in the same time slot.

UFC beat a boxing event in mexico... and a soccer game.  

RKing85 - this thread is the first I have ever heard of UFC 100 getting 25 million viewers in Mexico.

Me too Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 
Slipperypescado - 

Then the 25 million is a myth,  

25 million was reported by yahoo:

Then you agree it was myth? The show was aired at 2400 hours that would be Midnight in Mexico.. I am sure it beat alot of things though.. especially with 2 title fights 

Just to give an example when a title fight is shown Saul Alvarez averaged 28.8 mill viewers in Mexico..

at any rate Agree it was a Myth?

Ghenghis - 
Slipperypescado -  http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-fertitta072309

Kevin Iole 

Yahoo is saying it had 25 million viewers and you're saying the number is false because some random dude on a blog is reporting different numbers? Maybe he reported that it only had a 4.6 share on CBS too?
UFC reported the Ratings .. Are you calling them lairs?

To Recap Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hatton earlier this year did a 24 rating (28.8 million viewers).

While the UFC did peak 13.30 = equals how many again

discodrew - well in Mexico if its in the air it's free to take.<br><br>so they can get any ppv free.

1. That's not true.
2. If it were true, it would be impossible to even count them.

http://www.ufcespanol.com/news/UFC-Programming-Is-a-Hit-in-Mexico-and-the-Best-Is-Yet-To-Come

Ghengis - I see a link to 2 blogs reporting numbers with no offical sources. I see a link to a yahoo report claiming 25 million. I guess I missed it but where is the link to what the UFC is claiming?

No Guessing you did miss it Ghengis 

so again when Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hatton earlier this year did a 24 rating (28.8 million viewers).

What do you fancy a peak of 13.3 is?

TheVicar - The IPOBE rating in Mexico considers a global sample of 38 million television sets in Mexico, therefore 1% of the sample = 1 rating point which is 380,000 television sets per rating point.

13.30 rating = 5 million television sets 

Then why is Saul A a 24 rating and got 28.8  million with that math ?

TheVivar then you agree 25 million in Mexico was  myth? 

Ghenghis - 
Slipperypescado - No Guessing you did miss it Ghengis

so again when Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hatton earlier this year did a 24 rating (28.8 million viewers).

What do you fancy a peak of 13.3 is?

You're using an article from 2009 as your source???? 

"Thomas Gerbasi julio 16, 2009 "

Exactly UFC reported it so translation: 

25 million is a myth

TheVicar -  And i agree, 25 million in Mexico was exaggerated, 

So far one person admits it was a Myth.. 

must discredit ufc fap fap fap

ChaosOverkill - must discredit ufc fap fap fap

Please refrain from attacking the number one mma org.

At any rate looks like M1 also fibbed just like UFC did ? Wonder which one gets more attention -=) 

Recap

25 million is a myth,  

reference used 

37.2 million Mexican boxing fans tuned in for Pacquiao vs Marquez III a 31 in the ratings. 

Pacquiao vs Margarito last year did a 27 rating (about 32.4 million viewers)

Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hatton earlier this year did a 24  rating (28.8 million viewers).

source: HERE

Is your next thread going to be that Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hattong doing 28.8 million viewers is a myth, because all we know is that it was watched on 9.1 million sets according to theVicar?

Saul Alvarez's fight with Matthew Hatton earlier this year did a 24  rating (28.8 million viewers).

source: HERE

24 rating = 9.1 million television sets 

source: TheVicar 

And then are you going to repeat those sentences in 5 posts per page?

P.S. If the UFC didn't issue a press release claiming 25 million, they didn't "report" shit. It was just Lorenzo or Dana throwing out a number verbally just like every promoter of everything does.

orcus -  It was just Lorenzo or Dana throwing out a number verbally just like every promoter of everything does.

Thank you sir, I was going to change my statement to exclude the ufc. but you confirmed the ufc also stated the 25mill fallacy.

ChaosOverkill - must discredit ufc fap fap fap

LMFAO

Slippery, what is your source for Alvarez/Hatton having 28.8 million viewers?

"Thank you sir, I was going to change my statement to exclude the ufc. but you confirmed the ufc also stated the 25mill fallacy."

I did? I said if they didn't issue a press release, they didn't "report" anything. I don't know where or if UFC stated these numbers, but again, IF it was not in the form of a press release, then it was the same kind of "numbers" you get from any and all promoters. Why aren't you crusading against everyone else's iffy numbers? Why is it only UFC claims that ever seem to get you all riled up and spamming threads?