NAGA CHI - White belt beats black!

up

ttt

Ridiculous thread and Jeff Curran would be very disappointed you posted under this title. Save your bragging for your own accomplishments.

How did you do at NAGA?

bb should be demoted imo

Gordon always is the voice of reason here on the UG. I agree with Mr. Hester.

warmasheen,

Calm down, it will be OK...

- Dustin

Some good comments on this thread. Bottom line is that both guys entered a highly public tournament, and the results are no secret. If the white belt was my buddy, I'd be giving him mad props for the win.

If the win had come in a training session, or at a seminar, it should always be kept in-house.

Good to see you back Gordon.

meridian12345, I'm sure your teammate would be glad to know that you equate his wrestling skills to a white belt.

If the person concerned has previous grappling experience - like at all - these kinds of threads are a bit gay IMO.

Wrestling, Sambo, JJ, Judo... You end up doing VERY similar shit at the end of the day.

It's not like soccer and football level of differences for instance.

congrats to the whitebelt!

great job

That black belt must feel like a total douche right now.

He also might of got a little sandbagged.

I talked with Jason a few times at NAGA and he only ever had positive things to say about all of his competition. Even after he arm barred me he proceded to talk to me about the good I did in our match (I managed a decent sweep on him at one point). Congrats to Jason for his accomplishments at NAGA. He's a real stand up guy.

unless they were wearing gis when he beat him, the color of their belts is of no consequence.

Let me guess......four takedowns.

^he is 4-2 against blackbelts.but then he also gets taken down by non plympic wrestlers,crocop gets ko'd by non strikers.it happens.

I've been saying it for years, belts hold your pants up. I don't think that just because someone is a higher belt it means anything. Too many schools with too many belt systems. Experience and technique matter. They don't always go hand in hand. For example, if I go to a grappling tourney people who know me give me crap about entering the blue belt gi division. But, I don't do gi very much and it's a much different game. I usually end up getting beaten, and sometimes badly. But people think that because I used to fight MMA I should be a black belt. I'm not, nor should I be. However, put me in a ring and take the gi off with these same blue belts, then I feel I have an advantage. Anyway, as most people seem to lose track of, WRESTLERS ARE GRAPPLERS! They just don't have a belt system. He may have been grappling longer than the black belt he beat. Therefore it's not that surprising.

Stupid posts like this are what keep more blackbelts from competing.

interesting debate

the black belt should be embarrassed.

cheers,

jj