NAGA MIAMI RESULTS

ttt

"Congrats to ATT and One Dragon!!!"

And Colten Thomas!

Rory, you better watch out my boy has 3 1st place finishes in NAGA now. BTW, he still asks about you.

Quick review of MIAMI NAGA '07:

www.411mania.com/MMA/columns/62416/MMA//s-Full-38//-10.31.07:-Grappling-Tournaments-For-Families-and-Babalu.htm

hey kipp,

you have boca/de la riva and boca jj as 2 different schools but its the same school.

so boca should be in 2nd place in the gi division and 5th place in no-gi!;)

Hey Kipp. I think its better clarify who really won the NOGI Division.

On your results, ATT is the champion with 2640 points and Popovitch
got 2ND Place with 1400.

Pablo made another tread claiming to be The Champion.

Please explain that 2640 is HIGHER than 1400.

Thanks!

+North American Grappling Assocation, President
Date: 10/28/07 05:36 PM
3427 Total Posts Ignore User

NAGA MIAMI NO-GI TEAM CHAMPIONS ATT 2640

1st Place - Popovitch 1400 - Points

2nd Place - FFA 630 - Points

3rd Place - Fabio Novaes BJJ 570 - Points

4th Place - One Dragon 400 - Points

5th Place - Armory 330 - Points

6th Place - BOCA 310 - Points

7th Place - BTT 210 - Points

8th Place - Extreme MMA 200 - Points

9th Place - Marcelo Garcia 190 - Points

10th Place - Extreme Couture 180 - Points

Maybe now its more visible! This is from Kipp himself.

there are 2 Awards at NAGA

Team Award- You won combining your 14 different locations.

Individual School award- Awarded to the Best School in the tournament

Team champions- ATT

Individual champions- Team Popovitch

Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting anything in the future.

We won the Individual Award and the word whooping was uncalled for, after all the individual school award is the only Award that schools like Team Popovitch, FFA can actually win. We only have 1 location.

Congratulations To ATT

Thanks for the clarification popovitch... Congrats on the win!

How do they know if one team has made more points than 1 of our
academies since we entered as one individual team: ATT?

Nobody knows if, for example, Popovitch or FFA made more points than
our main academy or West Palm or Orlando, cus we didnt separate
schools.

Im not taking anything away from Pablo, who have been doing a great
job, or FFA who has a tradition on grappling, but thats impossible to
know.

Whatever, congrats to all.

"How do they know if one team has made more points than 1 of our academies since we entered as one individual team: ATT? "

Well, if ya'll didn't pile all your schools together in an effort to win we would all know who the superior single school is, wouldn't we?

popovitch4/ Pablo? - If that is you posting, I just wanted to give you the courtesy of a response to clarify a few things.

You said "Team Award- You won combining your 14 different locations. " 
We actually have a few more locations, but all of them did not join up or compete especially, the out of state school.  When we compete we do so under one banner ATT. I'm sure if you branch out with other locations you would do the same by comepting under the Team Popovitch banner.

"Individual School award- Awarded to the Best School in the tournament"
I think some of the confusion (at least on our part) is how Kipp or whoever determined who the Best school in the tourny was. What type of criteria was used, or was it just arbitrarily given out.

"Team champions- ATT"
"Individual champions- Team Popovitch"   
I would think an individual champions award would be given to one person or persons. Like Vagner for winning his Superfight and division.  He is certainly deserving.

"Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting anything in the future."
I'll try.

"We won the Individual Award and the word whooping was uncalled for, after all the individual school award is the only Award that schools like Team Popovitch, FFA can actually win. We only have 1 location.
Congratulations To ATT" 

I hope our schools continue to have healthy competitve matches without it turning into a pissing match.
I look forward to seeing you at the next tourny where I can congratulate you and your team in person.

<:(((>< 
ATT has been around awhile and we have competed in all the NAGA's, GQ and other grappling tournaments that have come to this area. We have a pretty good track record and didn't need to "pile all our schools together in an effort to win as you said. You can go to the NAGA website to see past results.

Anyway, I'm most proud of what our kids and teens have been able to accomplish. I see your son won - congrats to him and your academy.

Hope that cleared the air somewhat - Congrats to everyone that competed.

American Top Team