Nagging parents/school ruin MMA fight club fun

How rude.  Kids in the Lou look like they're having a good time.  Not on school property or at school and no reports of assault yet asshole principal and school and do-gooder parents think they need to get involved.

http://fox2now.com/2012/09/04/lindbergh-high-school-students-post-fight-videos-online/

Lindbergh High School Students Post Fight Videos Online

Posted on: 5:39 pm, September 4, 2012, by 

SOUTH COUNTY, ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A south St. Louis county high school is up in arms over a series of internet videos entitled, “Lindbergh Fights.”  The clips, posted to Facebook and YouTube pages, shows teens from the school brawling, apparently for the entertainment value.

Kids can be heard screaming their approval in what appears to be a high tech version of the after school fight.  At least half a dozen of the videos were posted online, in each case with a crowd of kids gathered around the combatants, recording the event on their cell phones. 

Administrators at Lindbergh High became aware of the videos Tuesday morning.  They immediately went to the pages, and began recognizing faces.

“We identified some young men and we’re talking with them as well as with their parents,” school principal Dr. Ronald Holms said.  “And another thing we do on a regular basis is anytime we get an inkling of something like this taking place or get video sent to us, we immediately involve St. Louis county police.”

Police officials say they have yet to receive a complaint or report on any of the incidents.  Without a victim, they can’t really pursue the crime.  But they do confirm the school’s resource officer, also employed by the county, is looking into the videos. 

As for the school’s ability to discipline the student’s, they say it’s not as easy as it might seem.  None of the fights took place on campus, Holms told us, and none happened during school hours. 

Holms says his greater concern is the impact this could have on these kids down the line.

“It’s something I think the young men that are participating in it, I don’t think they understand the gravity of what they’re getting themselves into.  And they’re situations that really need to be stopped,” he said.  “It can affect their immediate future or it can affect their far away future.  Colleges, universities, jobs, those sort of things.”

Parents we spoke to were unanimous in their indignation.  “Ridiculous” and “embarrassing” were among the adjectives used to describe the videos.

Phil Collins blames the fascination with internet celebrity.

“Like we wanted to be ballplayers when we were kids.  They want to be like the big stars on Facebook and MTV and that kind of stuff.”

Diane Ebert worries about supervision.

“It gets me upset because I wonder if the parents are not watching what the kids are doing a lot of times.” 

I can't link to them, embed/src code fails for me.  there is a video report at the fox2news link.

are these like backyard UFC fights?

If so, that's retarded.

not retarded just kids having some fighting fun, MMA coming to the mainstream.  You should expect to see more of this kind of thing if the sport gets as big as Dana White hopes it will be, wouldn't you?  It's like kids playing baseball in an empty lot they don't have pro bases or a backstop or the money to hire coaches and trainers and umpires and rent a stadium so they can play for fun.

Nonlinear - not retarded just kids having some fighting fun, MMA coming to the mainstream.  You should expect to see more of this kind of thing if the sport gets as big as Dana White hopes it will be, wouldn't you?  It's like kids playing baseball in an empty lot they don't have pro bases or a backstop or the money to hire coaches and trainers and umpires and rent a stadium so they can play for fun.

Don't compare untrained kids punching and kicking each other with no training to playing sandlot baseball.

If they want to really get involved in MMA, get in a gym and learn something.

When I was in high school my fiends and I used to get together after school at my buddy's house an do the same kind of thing. We never punched in the face or head, so no one ever got hurt. It was fun we worked on subs and wrestling and striking (just not to the head).

I think the school should stay out and let their parents deal with it if the parent don't like it. But I don't see anything wrong if no ones getting hurt. Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
Nonlinear - not retarded just kids having some fighting fun, MMA coming to the mainstream.  You should expect to see more of this kind of thing if the sport gets as big as Dana White hopes it will be, wouldn't you?  It's like kids playing baseball in an empty lot they don't have pro bases or a backstop or the money to hire coaches and trainers and umpires and rent a stadium so they can play for fun.

Don't compare untrained kids punching and kicking each other with no training to playing sandlot baseball.

If they want to really get involved in MMA, get in a gym and learn something.

Not everyone can pay for a gym. Phone Post

Phil Collins?

"our kids aren't acting like the pussies american society and we parents instruct them to be"