Nam Phan..."I should offer him a rematch"

Buddhasport kept in touch with Nam Phan throughout this season of TUF. We recently spoke with him about his fight against Leonard Garcia.

AP: Anything you felt you should have done differently?

NP: No I felt I did the perfect game plan and I executed it. I guess I should just stop training and go out on the streets and learn to fight with some cholos.

AP: Garcia mentioned a rematch, are you interested?

NP: Man, I should be offering him a rematch because I won.

For the full interview click the link

http://www.buddhasport.com/community/articles/210/buddhasport-exclusive-interview-with-nam-phan

Although i agree that Nam won, this interview doesn't make him look that classy. Maybe there was a reason why no one in the house liked him.

click here for full interview  

Is that site in anyway reputable?

So many fake interviews these days

HBwrestler - Although i agree that Nam won, this interview doesn't make him look that classy. Maybe there was a reason why no one in the house liked him.

Kinda pissed me off when everyone was booing and he was walkin around throwin his hands up encouraging everyone to keep it up. Garcia was nothin but class, plus it ain't his fault the judges are retarded, plus he took the fight on a week and a half notice, plus ugh. I want to like Nam, I really do. But he's making it harder and harder

Guys this guy is not that good, if he lost to Gracia. No! No! Just think  about it.   

I think a lot of people want to like Nam, because he's sort of a soft-spoken nerdy looking Asian with an exciting fighting style, but I'm not sure he's actually very likable.

idk why so many people like him? I know for sure its not beacuse if his skill or talent or the way he talks, thats for sure. Might it be because he is vietnamies and that's all they have. ??

970 - 
HBwrestler - Although i agree that Nam won, this interview doesn't make him look that classy. Maybe there was a reason why no one in the house liked him.

Kinda pissed me off when everyone was booing and he was walkin around throwin his hands up encouraging everyone to keep it up. Garcia was nothin but class, plus it ain't his fault the judges are retarded, plus he took the fight on a week and a half notice, plus ugh. I want to like Nam, I really do. But he's making it harder and harder

Nothing but class? Pfft.

His backstage interview with Heavy he pretty much bragged about his amazing take downs and how they were the difference in the fight and he was super happy with his performance.

Go out on the street and fight some cholos??? FUCK YOU NAM. Racist fuck. Phone Post

CapnsavemIsDead -  Go out on the street and fight some cholos??? FUCK YOU NAM. Racist fuck. Phone Post

Sad but true, it does look like Nam has some issues with people of other race, why ? 

whats up with this guy does he always talk like this?

you people overgeneralzie everything...one comment you didn't like and it's "oh what an unclassy d-bag".

That was supposed to be the biggest win of his career, the judges took it from him.

Also do you think Garcia deserves a rematch? I don't.It was a one-sided beating.

Phan can't curse the judges I guess cause you don't want to get on the commission's bad side I guess, especially nevada. Gotta direct your anger elsewhere cause Keith kizer won't hear it.

Nam Wang Phone Post

goeb - you people overgeneralzie everything...one comment you didn't like and it's "oh what an unclassy d-bag".

That was supposed to be the biggest win of his career, the judges took it from him.

Also do you think Garcia deserves a rematch? I don't.It was a one-sided beating.

Phan can't curse the judges I guess cause you don't want to get on the commission's bad side I guess, especially nevada. Gotta direct your anger elsewhere cause Keith kizer won't hear it.

No, why does he say shit like that if he doesn't have problems with other races. Fight with Cholos wtf is that about is he racist? Because Garcie is Mexican that makes him a Cholo?   

Cholo is an ethnic slur created by Hispanics (criollos) in the 16th century, and it has been applied to individuals of mixed American Indian ancestry, or other racially mixed origin. The precise usage of "cholo" has varied widely in different times and places.

Wally Saves - Cholo is an ethnic slur created by Hispanics (criollos) in the 16th century, and it has been applied to individuals of mixed American Indian ancestry, or other racially mixed origin. The precise usage of "cholo" has varied widely in different times and places.

Yea but he way he meant it, it was because Gracia is Mexican. Really, put a guy under pressure and his true colors show!!

buzzkill12002 - He got screwed.

He fought a great fight did what should have been a easy fight to be judged and got fucked.

Garcia pretty much came out and said he lost in the after interview and not only that distanced himself saying hay im not the judges and explained why he didn't look better in the fight.

You have the judges winner of the fight saying I got my ass kicked you got the announcers saying Nam won the fight.You got the crowed that was there saying he won the fight.You got every person with half a brain and a little exp in the sport sitting at home saying he won the fight.

Infact the only 2 people that said he didn't win were the idiots responsible for the worst judging in the history of our sport. So give the kid a break he is showing a lot more calm then most would
 It still doesn't make it ok  for this "kid" to say racist shit. you don't see Machida calling Rampage any names after he lost. "Yea, shouold i go to southcentral and fight black people?

Tap In - Yea it looked like he won, but he didn't win. Get off your high horse, you lost a fight after not making the finals. Comes off as a dbag. Cry

Yeah, except he didn't lose. Nam won. It's not because the judges are blind and incompetent, that the fans should be as well. His record will say "loss", but that was a fight he won, clear as day.

But he does kinda come off as a dbag though.