Name One OT Prophecy

that was fulfilled.

Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land [that is] not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

Rastus, God told Abram that his seed (the Jews) would be in bondage for 400 years. This was fufilled when Egypt enslaved the jews.

Act 7:6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat [them] evil four hundred years.

There are tons!!! Some are Messianic references to Christ, some to Israel, some to prophets and kings...

rooster,

I mean prophecies that can be verified today as being objectively fulfilled. There's no archeological evidence that Jews were ever enslaved by Egyptians, let alone freed and crossed the Red Sea.

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/moses.htm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/magazines/tj/docs/tj_v15n1_moses.asp

Those are a few references for evidence that Moses was real.

I have an excellent book on it, but can't find it now. In it the author shows from non biblical sources the evidence for Moses and the slaves. It's pretty compelling. I'm looking for it now...

Let me know if you find it. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, the evidence is not respected archaeology, because the consensus of modern archeologists is that there is no evidence that Moses ever existed. (I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure on this.)

rooster,

Please find a non-Christian website declaring conclusive evidence for Moses. There are Christian sites that will cite evidence for a young earth, which I don't want to spend time discussing.

What's more important is that there's no evidence that the account of Moses is prophecy. All of that text, even if true, would likely be written afterwards. It was common practice to meld history with mythology back then. Heck, even Cyrus was described as a Messiah in the OT, being favored by God.

What you've listed isn't in any way conclusive to a non-believer. You'd have to accept the bible as "inspired and divine" before what you posted as "evidence" has any value. In other words, you assume it to be true, then bring it forth as true evidence.

:-)

That if we are bad, we would be scattered to the four corners of the earth. Rome scattered us.

actually rastus I believe the Discovery channel did a show about Moses and the Israelites in Egypt. They uncovered what they believe to be the two cities the slaves helped to build. And even came up with logical evidence to support the 10 plauges. They uncovered alot of evidence that points to Moses or several people named Moses that fit the bill

yours in Christ

sherm

Rastus: Let me know if you find it. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, the evidence is not respected archaeology, because the consensus of modern archeologists is that there is no evidence that Moses ever existed. (I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure on this.)

Me: Rastus my friend, that smacks of intelligensia elitism: "respected archaeology", "modern archeologist", "no evidence".

First of all, who or what determines what is "respected archeology"? Archeology is not a perfect science. You have people who view evidence and don't always come to consensus. "Modern archeologist"? Modernism is focused on sceptism and secularism. So? Finally, "no evidence" is such an absolutist statement, I would expect more of you.

I am a Christian who holds Judaism with a tremendous amount of awe and respect. Three influential individuals make up the heart and soul of Judaism. Abraham, Moses, and King David. To assume that Passover, Redemption and the Law established by the great Lawgiver was fiction is to presume much...

More...

Rastus: Please find a non-Christian website declaring conclusive evidence for Moses. There are Christian sites that will cite evidence for a young earth, which I don't want to spend time discussing.

Me: ???? What!!??? Is this intellectual apartheid? You can not be right if you are a Christian? The cite I posted was from an archeolgist. The fact that he was modern should have held some weight eh? Was it the fact that he is Christian that it loses the veneer of "respect"?!? The fact that the cite is made up of scientist who believe there is evidence of a young earth doesn't mean that on the unrelated topic of Moses that their evidence is either right or wrong.

Rastus: What's more important is that there's no evidence that the account of Moses is prophecy. All of that text, even if true, would likely be written afterwards. It was common practice to meld history with mythology back then. Heck, even Cyrus was described as a Messiah in the OT, being favored by God.

Me: Ah, the old redaction theorist. Ever denying prophecy because by nature man can't predict the future, so it must have been written in retrospect. This is the weapon of the Higher Criticsm circles. Do you know that prophecy predicts a World Govt, a one World Currency, the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple, a 7 year peace treaty in the Middle East that will eventually betray Israel, Russia marching on Israel only to be defeated etc. What will you say when these begin to unfold??

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Is this your reference to the melding of mythology and Cyrus?!? Many were annointed in the Old Testament but Jesus was THE ANNOINTED.

more...

There are Sinai Inscriptions which describe Moses crossing the Red Sea which many believed were written by the Jews as they were passing Sinai. The ancient Greek historian Diodorus Siculus wrote about the crossing of the Red Sea.

The Sinai inscription also describes the mumuring against Moses, the miraculous provision of water, God's judgement on Israels gluttony. There is also the discovery of Sarbut-el-Khadem...graveyards of Jews who died in the wilderness of Kibroth-hattaavah. These graves were mentioned as early as 535 A.D by a Byzantine monk named Cosmas Indicopleustes. There's a lot more to these "proofs" of Moses.

Jesus would be born in Bethlehem...

Micah 5:1 Marshal your troops, O city of troops, for a siege is laid against us. They will strike Israel's ruler on the cheek with a rod. 2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem

Matthew 2:6 "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'"

Jesus would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver...

Zechariah 11:12-13 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"--the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.

Matthew 26:15 and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.

more...

Jesus would be spat on...

Isaiah 50:6 I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

Matthew 26:67 Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him

Matthew 27:30 They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again.

Jesus would be mocked...

Isaiah 50:6 I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

Psalm 22:7-8 All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: 8 "He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."

Matthew 26:67-68 Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68 and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"

Jesus would be beaten...

Matthew 26:67 Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him

Matthew 27:26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Jesus would executed by crucifixion, having His hands and feet pierced...

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Psalms 22:16 Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.

Matthew 27:35 When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Luke 24:39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

John 19:18 Here they crucified him, and with him two others--one on each side and Jesus in the middle.

Jesus would be thirsty during His crucifixion...

Psalms 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.

John 19:28 Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."

Jesus would be given vinegar and gall...

Psalms 69:21 They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.

Matthew 27:34 There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.

John 19:29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips.

Jesus the Lamb would not have a broken bone...

Exodus 12:46 "It must be eaten inside one house; take none of the meat outside the house. Do not break any of the bones.

Numbers 9:12 They must not leave any of it till morning or break any of its bones. When they celebrate the Passover, they must follow all the regulations.

Psalms 34:20 he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

John 19:31-37 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water

Jesus would die with transgressors...

Isaiah 53:9-12 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth..., because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Matthew 27:38 Two robbers were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.

Luke 22:37 It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors' ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment

rooster, LOL give him a chance to read and respond to a post before going and posting another LOL

yours in Christ

sherm

They would cast lots for Jesus' garments...

Psalms 22:18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.

John 19:24 "Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it." This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, "They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did.

By the way, as I mentioned there are over 300 prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass. The odds on someone predicting 300 hundred events and having all of them coming to pass are:

000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 against

LOL @ that appraisal of the odds....

The destruction/diaspora and regathering of Israel is predicted in the bible and miraculously, after wandering for over 1900 plus years, the Jews have regathered to their homeland. They were not swallowed up by the cultures, nor destroyed by those who sought to destroy them. They retained their unique cultural and religious beliefs in almost a miraculous manner and have regathered in fufillment of prophecy.

btw, I will respond, but I'm being DOGGED right now by my business partner. We've got a submission due to the state of California tomorrow, and there's a bug in the software.