Nate at +400

Who likes that bet?

3 Likes

I love betting on on the underdogs just to make the fight a little more fun but I really can’t see any way he wins this. Especially at 170lbs. I’ll still probably pick him in a random parlay just for the hell of it though.

3 Likes

Good odds

1 Like

You don’t see him utilizing his grappling?

Maybe but it seems his last few fights he’s just been boxing.

I threw $10 on him for the fuck of it

5 Likes

I like it. I might throw Shields in on a parlay

I did Claressa, Nate and Israel for $50. Payout is $395.

1 Like

Its a fun bet because you know if nate wins you will already be hyped. He most likely wont, but if he does i would imagine its some fight of the year type shit, so that and winning some money is fun. I remember taking him for $150 when he smoked maynard. Post fight interview was like “theres some weird shit goin on here, im hungry i gotta get the fuck out of here.”

When’s the last time you saw him do that? Five years ago when Conor laid down and begged to be choked out in their first fight? Nate is a +400 underdog for a reason.

1 Like

When has he really used his grappling? How long has it been?

Hey hey maybe the time off will help think about grappling more lol

https://fb.watch/61Z2nlPQvV/

Good point. Lol.

I like this bet because 1) it’s cheap w great payout, 2) it’s Nate, and any Nate fight you WILL be entertained (moreso with $ on it).

Part of Saturday night, for potentially years into future, you might remember winning some $ on Nate as part of a very memorable event.

Great fucking card, entertainment factor w anything Diaz is potentially very high.

2 Likes

How’s Edwards gas tank?

Really good…and he’s very good defensively, and very clean offensively. Nate isn’t going to drag him into a war. The Leon fights I’ve seen, he’s pretty clean, but has that annoying style where he avoids getting hit mostly. There’s more to it than that obviously, but he’s not taking a ton of chances and working hard to get guys out of there. He does enough to win, much like GSP used to do. I’ve been frustrated watching him thinking “you’re better than this guy, turn up the heat and finish the fight” but he keeps doing his thing.

I think he frustrates the hell out of nate and wins 50-45, with Nate talking about him being a bitch who refused to fight. I definitely see this being the type of fight where Diaz is getting mad, missing a ton, and mean mugging because Leon won’t fight his fight.

Leon has 12 fights in the UFC (not counting Belal) and he’s knocked out 2 guys. All this shit about him stopping Diaz, hurting Diaz etc it’s all for show, man. He’s gonna go out there and land 2-3x the amount of strikes that Nate does, but never push hard enough to get the finish. He’ll fight safe.

5 Likes

Good writeup. Agree it could easily go this way. Think Nate could frustrate if he can corner him in a bit. That’s an if though… Nate does work magic if someone gets backed up.

1 Like

Very true, if we’re talking about 155ers.

He has no choice but to grapple now lol