Nate Diaz : "I Slapped Him for Making Fun of Me "

4 Likes

2 Likes

Why did Nate Diaz slap Khabib Nurmagomedov in the face way back in 2015?

The confrontation between Diaz and a group of Dagestani fighters, which was led by Nurmagmedov, has gone down in mixed martial arts (MMA) lore, but Nate’s own explanation for what happened hasn’t gotten as much attention as it should.

The initial brawl went down during a Word Series of Fighting (WSOF) event in Aug. 2015 (watch it). The Diaz brothers were there to watch Jake Shields fight (and lose to) Rousimar Palhares in WSOF 22’s main event. Khabib’s group was there to support his brother, Abubakar Nurmagomedov, who beat Jorge Moreno on the main card. After an initial dust-up in the stands, a full-on brawl ensued outside the WSOF event in the lobby of Planet Hollywood.

In an Oct. 2019 interview with Ariel Helwani for ESPN, Diaz explained how things went down from his point of view.
“When I ran into him and his team at the World Series of Fighting, they were taking a group picture because I was standing there watching Jake [Shields], my friend, fight,” Nate said. “And they took a picture, a group picture with me behind them, just to laugh at me, like make fun of me. You know what I’m saying?

“I’m trying to watch my friend walk out, trying to watch his fight. And then he’s like, ‘Hahaha, c’mon man, shit, haha,’ and they’re all laughing, like 12 Russian dudes.

“Yeah, I slapped him in his face for making fun of me,” he continued. “I was like ‘What, bitch?’ and he didn’t do nothing. Security came in and he was like [chill]. And then I got kicked out, didn’t even get to see my friend fight. I was so furious. So, I waited for his motherf—ing a— to come outside of there, and I went to get his a— again, and he ran off.”
“I shouldn’t have done that,” Diaz reflected. “I shouldn’t have done that. It was reckless, it was stupid, you know what I’m saying? I was mad. But, he was picking on me!”

4 Likes

NO Insta Vid

Nick & Nate v. Khabib & Islam tag team match

3 Likes

bs

1 Like

Yeah, that never happened

3 Likes

Yes it did lol

3 Likes

No, no it didn’t

1 Like

So Diaz version of the story does not even contain the giant brawl Khabib wrote about in his book and someone posted paragraphs of here on the UG?

Its like a gym fight story from the 90’s where both guys claim to have knocked one another out in their version of events.

3 Likes

Diaz never laid a hand on him, his version of events reads like a child said it.

6 Likes

I swear there was a video that showed the initial brawl from a certain angle that showed a slap. But I can’t find it now. I’m pissed

1 Like

i do not believe he slapped him i saw grainy video did not see slap

2 Likes

in Original OP Text claimed Instagram Vid but i dont see it ?

2 Likes

If i remember correctly Nate pushed him? Or it was slap-push :joy:

2 Likes

I WAS SITTING AT A BAR IN THE LOBBY OF PLANET HOLLYWOOD AFTER THIS BRAWL WENT DOWN, THERE WAS CHAIRS AND TABLES BEING KNOCKED OVER DOWN A WALKWAY AS THESE GROUPS CAME OUTTA THE ARENA LMAO. I DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TIME TO PULL OUT MY PHONE AND RECORD, IT WAS NUTS.

4 Likes

Oh

sure

sure

2 Likes

Tbf I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard Nick or Nate make something up that didn’t happen. Not that they couldn’t. But like the hospital fight & bicycle fight stories were probably pretty accurate.

5 Likes

Nate slaps everyone…l believe.

1 Like