Nate Diaz made Gray Maynard TAP

But it doesn't count or mean anything huh.

http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/_Nate_Diaz_submits_Gray_Maynard_TUF_5_?gid=10001809

Nate also made Melvin TAP

http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/_Nate_Diaz_Modified_Guillotine_Chokes_Melvin_Guilla?gid=10000878&tid=101

I though Nate won the rematch against Maynard too.

bdog7 - I though Nate won the rematch against Maynard too.
Depends on how you view it. I agree, but....

Nate lost more rounds

Nate won the fight.

I just think Many people, myself included, FORGOT that Nate made Gray Tap. Although Gray is "undefeated", he has shown that he is human and Nate Diaz damn sure ain't scared of him homie.

Nate is victem of being held down and losing on points. Sure he could work on his wrestling, but if fighters came to fight, he wouldn't have to. Unfortunately, it's the name of the game and fighters utilize their position with time and rounds.

I just feel that since Gray is fighting Edgar for the title tonight, and Melvin very well may be in line for the next at the title, I thought it was relevent to point out that Nate Diaz has finished both of them, yet many feel that Nate doesn't have what it takes to be the top guy.

Nate loses way too much and is average at best. Maynard is much better.

Also, I won't be able to post cool vids/finds like this when my blue runs out next month....hint hint

marketinghelp2 - Nate loses way too much and is average at best. Maynard is much better.

I'll agree to disagree. Styles make fights.  I think there's a reason Gray can't finish Nate or dominate him.

D241 - 
bdog7 - I though Nate won the rematch against Maynard too.
Depends on how you view it. I agree, but....

Nate lost more rounds

Nate won the fight.

According to the Unified Rules Scoring Criteria he won every round....the Judges don't even know how to implement their own fucking criteria....

Diaz outstruck Maynard in every single round. According to the criteria Effective Striking should be the first and most valued criteria. Massive failure. There was no ground work in that fight. Maynard only attempted 2 TDs and got stuffed on both. He didn't want to be on the ground with Diaz for good reason.

And how long ago was this ?

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/2365

Laynprayninja is correct

TTT

^^^^ What is weird is that FMetric actually gives the edge to Maynard in the decision section, despite Diaz owning all the statistics on striking....you would think that THEY could score using teh correct criteria.

(k) Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are eitherstanding or on the ground, as follows:

1. If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:

i. Effective grappling is weighed first; andii. Effective striking is then weighed

2. If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:

1. Effective striking is weighed first
; and

2. Effective grappling is then weighed;

3. If a round ends with a relatively even amount of standing and canvas fighting, striking and grappling are weighed equally

And since the show maynard went undefeated, Nates lost a couple times.. regardless of a close decision its not like Nate was overlooked for a title shot, he simply doesn't deserve one. Outside of that, what asinine point are you even trying to make ?

Lol at all the butthurt Diaz haters.

Where did I say anything about being slighted for a title shot?

Excuse the FUCK out of me for digging up a HARD-TO-FIND FIGHT that many people forgot about. Many people probably didn't even know they fought before.

I just think that Nate doesn't get the credit he deserves b/c he's lost some close decisions. No arguements against Rory and Dong Kim.  I'm just saying that obviously styles make fights. Nate did very well against top ranked fighter Maynard, but against lower ranked guys like Rory and Kim, he didn't. It's not the fighter, it's the styles.

All I know is there needs to be a rematch.

Serra made GSP tap to strikes........

?