Nate Diaz removed from rankings for refusal

to accepts fights.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/10891979/nate-diaz-removed-rankings-ufc

Pouting in public?

My dad used to smack me in the back of the head for that. Phone Post 3.0

Ben Fowlkes summed it up well:

"The rankings are being used to punish or send a message. Again, if that’s how the UFC wants to use them, that’s its prerogative. The media members who participate in them, maybe they need to ask themselves whether they’re comfortable with being used to that same end."

Fuck these meaningless rankings.

not a real sport :(

Bullshit rankings. Phone Post 3.0

What a joke of a sports organization.

Lol could you imagine if this happened in a real sport...

DP Grand Prix - not a real sport :(

This Phone Post 3.0

If they aren't active, why should they be in the rankings? Or am I missing something?

Fighters fight. Nate isn't fighting. He's turning down fights. I see nothing wrong with this move as long as it's applied equally to all fighters refusing to fight. Phone Post 3.0

Dana seems like a bully! I could not see the CEO of any other major sports league act in the manner that he does?

vagabond - Lol could you imagine if this happened in a real sport...
"The commission finds that Joe Thornton's early season comments about stroking his cock on the ice after scoring 4 goals was offensive. The San Jose Sharks will be ineligible to make the playoffs in 2015" Phone Post 3.0

Playground rules Phone Post 3.0

The Dana makes a mockery of the sport and it's fans. The media should just continue to do the rankings themselves but without the UFC's oversight. Fuck that corny bullshit. Don't rely on the whims of a man with the emotional consistency befitting a teenage girl. Phone Post 3.0

time traveling 12er - 
vagabond - Lol could you imagine if this happened in a real sport...

You mean if a team would refuse to play? Yeah I could see them being removed from official standings.

Athletes making 10-15% of the revenue, take it or leave it contract negotiations, hand picked contenders based on how much money the owners stand to make, no job security. Employer airing dirty laundry in public.

Yeah I could see a guy not wanting to take a fight.

I think we can all agree the rankings were a joke but I thought this was voted on by the media and didn't realize the UFC was going to manipulate them to their advantage. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck all the "journalists" who take part in this shit.

wooooooooooooooow dana has reached a new level

Rider14 - If they aren't active, why should they be in the rankings? Or am I missing something?

Fighters fight. Nate isn't fighting. He's turning down fights. I see nothing wrong with this move as long as it's applied equally to all fighters refusing to fight. Phone Post 3.0

He fought 7 months ago. That's not enough inactivity to be released from ranking regardless of the reason. In any legitimate ranking system a fighter would need around 2 years of inactivity to be unranked.

time traveling 12er -
vagabond - Lol could you imagine if this happened in a real sport...

You mean if a team would refuse to play? Yeah I could see them being removed from official standings.
This Phone Post 3.0

If he is currently refusing to fight in the UFC, why would he be ranked in the UFC?

"He fought 7 months ago. That's not enough inactivity to be released from ranking regardless of the reason"

He is not inactive because he is injured or anything, he is inactive because he is refusing to compete. There is no reason to assume he will suddenly decide to compete again; if he does, he will no doubt be returned to the rankings.