Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier...at 185?

If I were Poirier I’d ask for 4 million and points to fight Diaz open weight, both names are hot as can be, would be 1.3-1.5+ million buys IMO.

I think once you have 20 fights in the ufc and there’s millions to be made you take it over the title shot.

4 Likes

I’d rather see fights like that compared to some of the others they fill cards with

4 Likes

Nate is undefeated at MW!- Diaz fans

3 Likes

Why not 170? 185 makes no sense. Diaz doesn’t even weigh 185, walking around. He’s 175 tops.

1 Like

Lolol

Take my…money, yeah that’s it.

Turrible first post.
Nate walks at 200

3 Likes

Obviously you have never seen Nate in person.

1 Like

He def does not walk anywhere near 200 lbs. his brother who is bigger than him doesn’t even weigh that. He himself has even said he is 174.

I don’t have to. He isn’t a big guy at all. He was never perceived as a big guy until he fought mcgregor…and that was only bc Dana and the UFC were hyping that up to promote Mcgregor as a guy fight a dude 2 weight classes higher.

1 Like

He landed a hail mary against Leon and was too battered from a 24 minute pounding to finish the job. He nearly got put away in the opening minute against Jorge and in that fight he was also completely dominated yet without the shining moment he had against Leon. The Conor rematch? Nate is the only person who Conor has ever been able to last 5 rounds against. Nate is not that guy pal.

1 Like

Poirier put gaethje away.

He’ll bodybag diaz

1 Like

Seen him up close at a few events.He`s pushin 190.

So how long has he been cutting 30+ lbs? Why isn’t this a more talked about thing? I remember hearing all the excuses of the monster that is Nate Diaz when he beat Conor in their first fight. But all this is new shit. He sure as shit doesn’t look all that big in the cage.

2 Likes

“Speaking on a live media conference call on Friday night, it was put to Diaz that people are claiming that he is currently walking around at 200 pounds – 30 pounds above the 170 requirement for welterweight. Diaz’s response was so succinct that it caused McGregor to erupt into laughter.”

Take this for what it`s worth.

Maybe you’re right, ppl can look bigger in person…but he just isn’t a big looking guy at all. I remember him always saying “they keep talking about me being some heavy 6’2 giant over 200 lbs. I’m 6 feet and I weighed in the other day at 174, eating whatever I want.” Rory McDonald who tossed him around effortlessly is 200 lbs and he’s way bigger. Leon is probably around 195-200, and he’s way bigger. His brother always said he’s 190, he’s bigger too.

OP the weight may be in his pants?

As long as they fight at the same height, I don’t care.

1 Like

Anthony Pettis

Replace those names with Khabib, Alvarez, and Poirier, the best of the best at LW but yet Conor is washed up and needs to retire :face_with_monocle: