Nate Quarry signs sponsorship deal with And1

Pretty interesting that a basketball shoe company wants to get into the MMA biz...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27472622/

Smart move. But Nate seems like an odd choice.

Now they gotta give him a nickname like 'White Sauce' or 'Rock to my Lou'

And1 and Quarry

Thats a odd pairing

But hey big sponsers are getting into it so its whatever.

About a decade ago I predicted that when it comes to MMA and advertisers/sponsors, the tail would wag the dog.

good for nate...but it doesn seem like an odd choice.

Good for him...But like everyone is saying...Odd choice. When is he fighting next?

Good for Nate. That guy is great for the sport and brings it every single time he steps inside the Octagon.

Cindy

goldenboyart - 
Curt Wild - Maybe they will watch TUF season 1 and nickname him

Gay Nate

after seeing the way he felt up chris leben when bobby punked him.

J/k

grow the fuck up dude

And1!

White men can't punch?

Justin

i recall an article that nate was training with an nba player during his off season. maybe that was the link to the sponsorship

FredHammer - Good for him...But like everyone is saying...Odd choice. When is he fighting next?

November 15 @ UFC 91

Nate Quarry vs. Demian Maia

The Destroyer88 - 
CindyO - Good for Nate. That guy is great for the sport and brings it every single time he steps inside the Octagon.

Cindy

Nate = good for the sport. Nate being KOed = bad for the sport. Don't put that guy any where near Anderson Silva.

Silva is dangerous to every fighter, IMO! Nate's KO by Franklin was brutal and made me feel ill. It was the same (actually worse) when Silva kept landing knees to the head and face of Franklin... ugh:(

Cindy

what the hell,STEVE BLAKE is sponsored by and1?????????? i mean i understand nate quarry because that basketball company dont know much about the sport,but AND1 are sponsoring STEVE BLAKE?wow

XFC - White men can't punch?

Justin

not to make it a race thing but i think and1 is owned by two short white dudes.

When Nate destroys Mia, And 1 will be glad they sponsored him.

I think Nate was sponsored by them for his running abilities in chasing Kalib Starnes down.

That will suck when Dana inevitably bans them

and 1 is urban. It has nothing to do with color... they had some white kid on tour who was badass.

PatrickFreitas - Smart move. But Nate seems like an odd choice.

Now they gotta give him a nickname like 'White Sauce' or 'Rock to my Lou'

agreed, And1 would've been a better fit for Kimbo than TapouT... and And1 goin with Nate just doesn't make any sense... he completly DOESN'T fit their target market...

scratches head

but good for him for picking up a check...

Who remembers that rumor that Genki Sudo was sponsered by And1

I wanted to believe it so bad. He fits them so well