Nate Quarry signs sponsorship deal with And1

He's not really that good in my opinion.

nyhcloyalty - 
goldenboyart - 
Curt Wild - Maybe they will watch TUF season 1 and nickname him

Gay Nate

after seeing the way he felt up chris leben when bobby punked him.

J/k

grow the fuck up dude

And1!
LMAO Perfect delivery!

ttt

LifeType1 - i like nate .. but who gives a fuck about his sponsors

You dont think it's an important development that bigger athletic apparel companies are starting to sponsor fighters?

Think about the bigger picture.

Thats great news.

Maia/Quarry is a compelling fight.

BasicChit - When Nate destroys Mia, And 1 will be glad they sponsored him.

You can't be serious!

Quarry has only fought twice since 2005, and his opponents were Pete Sell, and Kalib Starns, not exactly the top of the heap. Demian Maia is a World Champion Level BJJ Black Belt, and Quarry has only won 2 fights in his entire career via submission. While Maia has submitted 5 of his opponents in his 8 professional fights, including Ryan Jensen, Ed Herman, and Jason MacDonald in the UFC. This fight will go to the ground, and Quarry will get submitted with ease.

Ben Rush:

I have never been more serious. Quarry is not going to sub Mia, he is going to punish him with strikes. None of the people you mention has the wrestling ability that Quary has to keep the fight standing. And if Mia flops to guard. Quarry is going to punish him big time from there. Jason MacDonald fought a BJJ match, Ed Herman is not does not have excellent Jui-jitsu, striking skills or wrestling. So Mia was eventually going to catch him. But Quarry will punish him and punish him good. This is 2008 not 1993. BJJ alone is not enough.

neither is amazing wrestling

BasicChit - Ben Rush:

I have never been more serious. Quarry is not going to sub Mia, he is going to punish him with strikes. None of the people you mention has the wrestling ability that Quary has to keep the fight standing. And if Mia flops to guard. Quarry is going to punish him big time from there. Jason MacDonald fought a BJJ match, Ed Herman is not does not have excellent Jui-jitsu, striking skills or wrestling. So Mia was eventually going to catch him. But Quarry will punish him and punish him good. This is 2008 not 1993. BJJ alone is not enough.

There is a difference between BJJ, and World Class BJJ. Quarry could not put away Starnes, and Starnes was begging for a way out of that fight, and was out on his feet on numerous occasions. Quarry has never faced an opponent with the high level skill that Maia possesses, and he does not have the technical skill to avoid Maia's game.

Usain Bolt with a gun could not have caught up to Starnes and put him away that night. Maia has one amazing skill which is BJJ. This is Mixed martial arts. Watch and learn.

Thanks for Steve Blake tie-in, that makes a lot of sense.

But Nate just seems more like a Saucony kinda-guy to me.

Curt Wild - 
themstiles -
LifeType1 - i like nate .. but who gives a fuck about his sponsors

You dont think it's an important development that bigger athletic apparel companies are starting to sponsor fighters?

Think about the bigger picture.

not really

am i getting paid by this sponsor?

then who the fuck cares? really?

Obviously you do. If you didn't then why would you be posting on a thread about it. It doesn't matter what you think because And1 just got their name in your head and 1000's of others reading this thread.