Nate seems to never hold it together?

I feel like he has te tools to be greater than this. What holds Nate back? Phone Post

Himself. Phone Post

"So Close," the Nate Marquart story

maybe he's not on PED's for this fight?

Nate is just that guy. Phone Post

Right Hand JO Power -

maybe he's not on PED's for this fight?

Could be Phone Post

Damn. Feeling really bad for Nate. I guess that's why some fighters didn't want to fight on this card.

Seemed to me like he didn't adjust to counter his opponents game plan. Those kicks took a lot out of him. Phone Post

He's a mental midget.

youarewhatiswrong - "So Close," the Nate Marquart story

. Phone Post

He definitely freezes in some fights. This, Okami, Sonnen. 

Tonight was just terrible though. He seemed slow and with poor conditioning early on.

I feel like he's also too concerned with being the most jacked dude in whatever division he's in. He never seems to have enough juice to power his size.

He's an all around fighter but just isn't great at anything ironically. Phone Post

whoabro - 
youarewhatiswrong - "So Close," the Nate Marquart story

. Phone Post

Sadly this.

Nate is VERY gameplan oriented.... He just needs to be able to ajust. When shit starts going to far outside what he thought I think he just doesnt have the confidence

Its ashame cause he really is awesome, everyone else see's it... i wish he would just believe in himself more and just GO!

Nah man, Saffedine has been a serious prospect since he was in Dream. He's just the better fighter

orcus -

He definitely freezes in some fights. This, Okami, Sonnen. 

Tonight was just terrible though. He seemed slow and with poor conditioning early on.

Perhaps the flu going around affected him worse than other guys.. He was slow and acting gassed literally from the 2nd minute of the fight on. We've seen him with MUCH better cardio than that before, hell, look at his last fight Phone Post

Nate definitely has shown that he has issues in big fights at times.

Looked solid in the first round before getting caught, but didn't adjust as the fight went along, and most importantly he didn't bother to check leg kicks until half way through the fifth round. Phone Post

is turning out a lot like Dennis Kang in that has all the stuff to be a dominant champ but in key moments has problems putting it all together.

He's not a great wrestler, and that's what it takes to hold Saffiedine down. He's actually got the better hands of the two, but his defence is way too loose. Carries his hands low, can't check a low kick. What that adds up to is that he struggles with anyone he can't overwhelm with his striking.

I don't think it's a mentality issue, it's a problem with his approach and skill set. If he wants to be a badass sub grappler, he should spend more time at Tristar/Montreal Wrestling Club. If he's going to focus on striking (which he appears to be doing), he needs to carry his hands higher and work on blocking and head movement, and obviously checking low kicks. Being good-but-not-great at everything is what limits him.