Nate Won that FIGHT!!!

he was crazy busy on the bottom, and was putting Kim in more danger from the bottom than on Kim did on top. Kim got a takedowns thats it. Sorry I had to get it out! 

in Japan maybe in US top means win

no

attempted submissions don't count for anything just like a missed punch don't count for anything. Kim controlled that fight.

I agree. How the fuck do you win a round from your back if Diaz can't when he attempts 500 submissions and the only time his opponent has dominant position is when Diaz gave up his back?

I think its shit. Yes he got taken down but he was attempting the subs and always managed to get back up. Surely if you are able to get back up that should negate the takedown?

that's why the 10 point must system sucks

attempted submissions don't count for anything just like a missed punch don't count for anything.

Repeated for the brainpower impaired.

razord - attempted submissions don't count for anything just like a missed punch don't count for anything. Kim controlled that fight.

I dont agree with that. Surely the sub attempts would be in the aggression criteria for the judging?

Plus that analogy doesn't make sense because a failed sub = missed punch so successful sub = landed punch?

In the US, getting takedowns wins the fight. Even when you fuck them up and get knocked shitless by a knee to the dome, the Refs and rules will save you.

leydster - 
razord - attempted submissions don't count for anything just like a missed punch don't count for anything. Kim controlled that fight.

I dont agree with that. Surely the sub attempts would be in the aggression criteria for the judging?

You disagree because it works in your favor for this fight. Let's apply that same thought and say that because a guy was swinging for the fences but missing he should win because he was more aggressive. That isn't how it works nor how it should work.

leydster - 

The criteria is "effective aggressiveness".

Missed submission attempts are, by definition, not effective.

leydster - Plus that analogy doesn't make sense because a failed sub = missed punch so successful sub = landed punch?
Yes, it equals landed KO punch.

Submissions are all or nothing.

Missed punches count for more than no punches thrown at all.

It's not like he was nearly subbing him...

If you run a submission chain on the guy, and hit him with a ton of elbows, I have no problem giving the guy on bottom the round.

Nate didn't really do that...

Max

FSMA - 
leydster - 

You disagree because it works in your favor for this fight. Let's apply that same thought and say that because a guy was swinging for the fences but missing he should win because he was more aggressive. That isn't how it works nor how it should work.

I see what your saying but could also be said that one fighter throws all the punches and the opponent defends them all. Who wins the fight? Never gonna happen but to explain what im meaning

leydster - 
FSMA - 
leydster - 

I see what your saying but could also be said that one fighter throws all the punches and the opponent defends them all. Who wins the fight? Never gonna happen but to explain what im meaning

Honestly, I can see where you're coming from but it simply doesn't work the way you're thinking. It would be nice in some situations though lol. Sometimes fights are so boring that nobody really "wins" but the other guy loses....in cases like that I think what you're talking about is what they go to.

FSMA - 
leydster - 
FSMA - 
leydster - 

Honestly, I can see where you're coming from but it simply doesn't work the way you're thinking. It would be nice in some situations though lol. Sometimes fights are so boring that nobody really "wins" but the other guy loses....in cases like that I think what you're talking about is what they go to.

Ah well agree to disagree lol. I guess i just prefer a fighter who is actually trying to finish the fight as opposed to the self admitted point fighting from stun gun.