Native Americans

I really don’t understand how native Americans or anyone really... believes that if they were here 1st that all the land should still be theirs today. 

All Native American “tribes” didn’t settle in North America at the same time. There were many different tribes fighting each other for land/resources etc. Yet all native Americans think European settlers stole their land... but they were more than happy to kill and steal from competing tribes. 

Just my thoughts. 

Happy early thanksgiving 

America in 1600:

Europe in 1600:

The more interesting thing is, even though native Americans all seem to be fat now, in their original habitat they were incredibly healthy. Like apparently their skeletons put our skeletons to shame. And it was common for them to live to 100, assuming they didn't die in warfare. And they smoked tobacco! What the hell.

It's a real shame they lacked immunity to imported Eurasian pestilences, which were the primary cause of their decimation

A possible total for Europe (excluding Russia) in 1600 is 77.9 million, with a fall to 74.45 by 1650, and a rise to 83.5 by 1700. England's population in 1600 was a little over 4 million but by 1650 it was rather more than 5 million, and it remained at that level until 1700.

1600-1754: Native Americans: Overview. The People. In 1492 the native population of North America north of the Rio Grande was seven million to ten million. These people grouped themselves into approximately six hundred tribes and spoke diverse dialects.

Fighting -

America in 1600:

Europe in 1600:

That looks like the amazon instead of the Great Plains.

^ Eastern Deciduous Forrest Region

I went to my best friends wedding yesterday. He is white like me and married a Cherokee Indian lady. The wedding was about 80/20 indian. No one mentioned land or commodity cheese or anything like that. We all had a good time in a little small rural church. I think the issues you speak of are on the Al Sharpton level. We broke bread and congratulated our special friends as they were married. I made new Native friends and rekindled old friendships. We are all pretty much trying to be honest working people giving our effort to be better tomorrow than we were yesterday.

androb -

I really don’t understand how native Americans or anyone really... believes that if they were here 1st that all the land should still be theirs today. 

All Native American “tribes” didn’t settle in North America at the same time. There were many different tribes fighting each other for land/resources etc. Yet all native Americans think European settlers stole their land... but they were more than happy to kill and steal from competing tribes. 

Just my thoughts. 

Happy early thanksgiving 

My family is Native. And we dont think that way at all. But, by all means, keep being a racist jackoff.

CDavidBlackburn -
androb -

Just my thoughts. 

Happy early thanksgiving 

My family is Native. And we dont think that way at all. But, by all means, keep being a racist jackoff.

Can you elaborate more on you and your families belief's on this subject? 

Not being a dick, very interested to hear your perspective.

Fighting -
CDavidBlackburn -
androb -

Just my thoughts. 

Happy early thanksgiving 

Can you elaborate more on you and your families belief's on this subject? 

Not being a dick, very interested to hear your perspective.

Sure. Its pretty simple. We live in the present, and dont feel the need to blame anyone for the past. We refuse to live on a rez, refuse Gov handouts. We were raised to not hang on to the victmization attitude.

Not sure if i answered your question, but feel free to ask whatever you want on the subject.

I’m not racist at all. Glad you’re working hard and doing well. I live in Canada and we are still paying out huge settlements to indigenous people.

I Just don’t think it’s right.. 

no one stole these peoples land or fought with them. These are wars and fights that were hundreds of years ago and fought not only between European settlers but tribe against tribe 

Might makes right. That has always been and will always be the way of the world.

androb -

I’m not racist at all. Glad you’re working hard and doing well. I live in Canada and we are still paying out huge settlements to indigenous people.

no one stole these peoples land or fought with them. These are wars and fights that were hundreds of years ago and fought not only between European settlers but tribe against tribe 

"Yet all native Americans think European settlers stole their land... but they were more than happy to kill and steal from competing tribes."

You wrote this, and this is racist. When you use the word "All" to describe a group of people, you lump the whole coummunity together. Are there Natives that say stupid shit about having their land stolen, yes. But those Natives do not speak for all Natives.

I am also a Native Canadian, from Nova Scotia. The Canada Day issue with the statue in Halifax is a perfect example of idiot Natives.

POYB

The issue that native Americans have now are that they poor, not well educated. Lots of problems like really poor blacks have. There are a set of the more motivated Indians trying to help their people out but it’s like pissing into the wind.

They still do have a bit of pent up anger though. Like they want to be treated as a sovereign nation. And the federal people all say yeah yeah we will but you can tell they are pretending. It’s like a low grade anger though. 

emu67 -

The issue that native Americans have now are that they poor, not well educated. Lots of problems like really poor blacks have. There are a set of the more motivated Indians trying to help their people out but it’s like pissing into the wind.

They still do have a bit of pent up anger though. Like they want to be treated as a sovereign nation. And the federal people all say yeah yeah we will but you can tell they are pretending. It’s like a low grade anger though. 

This is one of the main reasons my grand parents and parents keep us away from the reservations. I tried helping out at a Native coummunity centers here in Montreal years ago but was told I wasnt Native enough (meaning I wasnt living on a Reserve or spending my life as a victim). LOL.

We should give Indians their land and all the free booze they want. It's cheap and will keep then down forever

CDavidBlackburn -
androb -

"Yet all native Americans think European settlers stole their land... but they were more than happy to kill and steal from competing tribes."

You wrote this, and this is racist. When you use the word "All" to describe a group of people, you lump the whole coummunity together. Are there Natives that say stupid shit about having their land stolen, yes. But those Natives do not speak for all Natives.

I am also a Native Canadian, from Nova Scotia. The Canada Day issue with the statue in Halifax is a perfect example of idiot Natives.

POYB

Your ancestors, in your lineage had the right attitude.  They made lemonade out of the lemons they were served.  Pull yourself up by the boot straps and make the best of it.  Not because you dont care about what happened in the past, but because holding on to that pain will only hurt yourselves and your sons and daughters.  

I have never personally had any issues with any Natives, the ones I have met have all been cool.  There were some driving around here on ATV's with machine guns attacking some whites a few years ago, but other than that I think most have the same mentality as you and your family.  We are all here for a short ride, stop crying, stop blaming others and own your own life.  If my family sat around crying about being taken as slaves by Africans and Arabs instead of working hard than I am sure we would be much worse off today.

Not Canadian ,so I don't know what natives up there are like . Most of my family doesn't live on a reservation, But the ones that do are generally pretty lazy and blame everything on whitey, and don't understand why we are a million times more successful than they are . Same mentality as ghetto /inner city blacks . Oh and fuck Op for lumping me in with them .

fastnotch331 - Not Canadian ,so I don't know what natives up there are like . Most of my family doesn't live on a reservation, But the ones that do are generally pretty lazy and blame everything on whitey, and don't understand why we are a million times more successful than they are . Same mentality as ghetto /inner city blacks . Oh and fuck Op for lumping me in with them .

You and CD are 100% correct. I should have said “some” not all. 

Of course it is not every indigenous person. It might even be a very small minority

my point is for the ones that are still upset about it   

Im saying that there was only 1 “first” and that every other settler either indigenous or European or whatever that came after is the same. 

CDavidBlackburn -
androb -

POYB

I wouldn’t call that sentence racist. I’d say it was poorly worded/ignorant. You can’t just assume that androb hates native Americans from that one sentence.