Natural light alarm clocks

Does anyone here use one? Any recommendations on which one to buy? There sounds like a better option than using my iPhone, with that bastard alarm tone that Steve jobs wrote with lucifer. Phone Post 3.0

They ^ Phone Post 3.0

My wife has one of these things: http://www.newscenter.philips.com/be_nl/standard/about/news/persberichten/lifestyle/philips_wakeuplight_092008.wpd

It works as advertised, but you don't feel any different waking up compared to a n old-school alarm clock.

> I consider it a scam and would not buy again.

BTW I never use my iphone or any cell phone for that matter as an alarm clock. Ten years ago my cellphone battery went flat, I overslept horribly and missed my plane from Hong-Kong back to Brussels, so I had to stay another few days in fucking HK and it cost me 100 USD to rebook my ticket.

I got the company to pay for all of it, but still it was annoying to be stuck in a city that pretty much sucks imo.

^^^^^
What this guy says.
Bulb went after 8 months, left it aside and never replaced it. Felt no different. Phone Post 3.0

Alarm clock from brookstone.
sets time on it's own, even at daylight savings.

I have no idea how it does it but it's the best alarm clock I've ever had.

A friend of mine has one and really likes it. Don't know the details, just know that he likes it.

On the iPhone (and probably Android too) there's an app called Sleep Cycle. You set your alarm time on it, turn on the app and plug in your phone, then sleep with the app open and your phone on your mattress. It uses the motion sensor to determine when you're moving and therefore what levels of sleep you're at. The alarm will then go off between the time you set it and up to 30 minutes earlier based on when it sees you're already in a light sleep state. It sucks getting up before your alarm, but you feel so much better waking up from a light sleep state versus being abruptly woken up from a deep sleep

sicko - A friend of mine has one and really likes it. Don't know the details, just know that he likes it.

On the iPhone (and probably Android too) there's an app called Sleep Cycle. You set your alarm time on it, turn on the app and plug in your phone, then sleep with the app open and your phone on your mattress. It uses the motion sensor to determine when you're moving and therefore what levels of sleep you're at. The alarm will then go off between the time you set it and up to 30 minutes earlier based on when it sees you're already in a light sleep state. It sucks getting up before your alarm, but you feel so much better waking up from a light sleep state versus being abruptly woken up from a deep sleep

If you sleep naked ... this sounds like a good way to get your iphone jammed up your anus

sicko - A friend of mine has one and really likes it. Don't know the details, just know that he likes it.

The sleep cycle app is awesome and tracks the quality if your sleep too. Phone Post 3.0

Now we know which OGers sleep alone ^ Phone Post 3.0

http://i.imgur.com/fa9PwEo.png

http://i.imgur.com/mTSYaWj.png Phone Post 3.0

they must have an app that makes your phone or pc do this too

I use the notoriously unreliable Box-0-Kittens alarm box. It is know to go off 2-3 hours early on a regular basis.

photo Box-o-Cats_zps6f2bb63f.jpg

sicko - A friend of mine has one and really likes it. Don't know the details, just know that he likes it.

Android app is called Sleep As Android.  Great app.