NBA Live 96...(video game...)

I was digging through my attic and found my Sega Genesis..a handful of ages were in the bag too one of which was nba Live '96..it was a follow up to the amazing Nba Live 95 and had expansion teams, custom teams..it also had a ton of legendary players like Bird, Kareem Abdul jabber, Wilt chamberlain, Maravich etc ..many hours me abd friends played this game

Anyone play it? Which team did you use? I used Chicago of course and crushed my buddies that always used Seattle supersonics and Phoenix Suns :)

1 Like

LOVED all those old EA sports games from the 90's....NBA and NHL.....oh man the hours I spent.

I used to turn fouls and goal ending off on and use the shove button for fun.

On the older side scrolling game (94 I guess?) I used to be the jazz and use Stockton a lot.  Not sure how, but eventually he could do any dunk in the game including dunking from the free throw line.  Never looked into how that happened.

Good post.

Please tell. Me. NHL 94 was in the bag too

Thebonfirexm - 

The best sports video game of all time.

Is this the first one you could make the make the old school players, just by typing their name in? I played the fuck out of that one.

spurs were fun if I recall

1 Like

B Sharps -
Thebonfirexm - 

The best sports video game of all time.

Yup 

Thebonfirexm -

Played the shit out of that too, but I liked '93 on genesis better cause it had fighthing and blood.  My cousin and i would coop with montreal....I'd be leclair and he'd be carbonneau. 

Little young for that one but NBA live 04 remains my fav basketball game along with NBA street.

I don't remember what year exactly, but at some point NBA 2k took over, and made NBA Live look like garbage.

kingofpancakes - Is this the first one you could make the make the old school players, just by typing their name in? I played the fuck out of that one.

Same!

NBA live 98 on PlayStation was the shit 

TheMorg826 - 
kingofpancakes - Is this the first one you could make the make the old school players, just by typing their name in? I played the fuck out of that one.

Same!

My, man!

Live '96 robbed me of many hours of productivity. I loved the custom team feature, and I don't think 2k has anything like that. 

Awesome games.  I remember being absolutely astounded when Live 95 hit.  Reading Game Pro and seeing pics of that game, and then finally going over to my rich friend's house to see it on his computer was crazy.

Graphics, stats, simulation. 

Amazing shit!

Briscoe -

This was back when the EA Sports games still had a soul and were actually fun.

Crazy that a game that's almost 25 years old has a better intro than a game in 2020.