NBA observation

I am a Spurs fan, but I'll admit one thing...

Lebron James hasn't gotten anything even remotely close to superstar treatment from the refs this series.

It's obviously a good thing, but guys like MJ, Bird, Kobe etc made a living at the FT line with similar of even less contact than Lebron is taking this series.

Props to the NBA.

Greatest ever... Phone Post

Lebron isn't playing with even an ounce of the aggressiveness those other guys showed. He's not putting himself in a position to draw fouls.

He's laughably soft, imo.

I feel, if he was more well liked, he would shoot twice as many FT's. The refs have simply refused to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No other megastar that I can remember has been treated like a normal player by the refs, the way Lebron has been these playoffs. Now in the past he has gotten superstar treatment, and you can tell he still expects it. He just ain't getting it.

He's also probably lost some respect from the refs with his theater like flops.

krislovestheseacocks - Lebron isn't playing with even an ounce of the aggressiveness those other guys showed. He's not putting himself in a position to draw fouls.

Nah man, I remember Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and hell even DWade getting calls for guys simply playing good positional D on them. I can remember many many times those guys going to the line because of "contact to the body."

Lebron has been getting "contact to the body" every time he shoots.

Another reason I don't think he gets the calls is because he is so big.

krislovestheseacocks - He's also probably lost some respect from the refs with his theater like flops.

This too.

Lebron is playing passive for the most part. Wade was the aggressor for the heat tonight. If Lebron was actively driving to score he would force the officials to make calls, but he's not. And thank god they aren't bailing him out for no reason.

The performances like this finals series are what's going to keep lebron out of the MJ conversations. It seemed like last year he figured it out, but he's showing again in these finals he doesn't have the mental game 100% of the time. It's weird to see, doesn't even look like the same player. It's not even a one time slump, he has done the same thing multiple times in the past playoffs. Then he's amazing and seems like he finally has it, then back to this.

Granted he can change all that with two dominant performances in games 6 and 7. Doesn't seem likely though. Phone Post

dangerboy12 - 
krislovestheseacocks - Lebron isn't playing with even an ounce of the aggressiveness those other guys showed. He's not putting himself in a position to draw fouls.

Nah man, I remember Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and hell even DWade getting calls for guys simply playing good positional D on them. I can remember many many times those guys going to the line because of "contact to the body."

Lebron has been getting "contact to the body" every time he shoots.

Another reason I don't think he gets the calls is because he is so big.

I don't agree. He almost always gets a call when driving the lane. He's just playing a passive game, which equates to less fouls.

Unrelated, but late in the games, Lebron is simply too tired.

I think the guy needs to drop some of that mass personally. A person that big simply can't do what he does for an entire game without getting gassed.

Also unrelated, Duncan is a game away from #5. Maybe he is the one we should be putting in the convo with Jordan. IMO Duncan is the best we have seen since MJ.

Lol fuck here we go again. If the heat win game 6 this talk will mean shit, lebron is great, etc etc. Given that:

Bird had great head fakes and was a crazy outside threat, kobe, magic and mj took the ball to the hole and forced the refs to make the call. Lebron didn't do that this game, plain and simple. Phone Post

Oh well. Maybe I'm wrong. I just see the guy getting hit and I expect a whistle, the same way the games were reffed in the past.

To be fair, it actually seems they are letting more contact go uncalled overall. Except for Wade. That guy still gets a whistle every time he gets touched lol.

dangerboy12 - Oh well. Maybe I'm wrong. I just see the guy getting hit and I expect a whistle, the same way the games were reffed in the past.

To be fair, it actually seems they are letting more contact go uncalled overall. Except for Wade. That guy still gets a whistle every time he gets touched lol.

You're not wrong, it's an honest observation. He's not getting the 50/50 calls. Basketball reffing in general, is very subjective.

He's creating the contact himself by jumping into the defense that's already set for the most part. I would agree that he typically gets some of those calls in a regular season game. This is the playoffs though and it's officiated differently.