NBA strips Sura of Triple Double

What kind of shit is this?

They said because it wasnt a true "attempt to make a field goal" then it couldnt be a FG attempt and therefore couldnt be a rebound.

Correct me if Im wrong here, but when a player deliberately misses a FT at the end of a game, he is credited with a missed FT, and the player who gets the rebound is creditted with a rebound. Correct or not?

correct, bunch of bs

Hold up, this is complete accurate

Many people don't know this because the rule was only put in the NBA about 5 years but it has been an international rule for 30 years.

If you take a legit shot and it hits nothing, not even the backboard you are allowed to get your own miss. It does not have to touch anything as long as the ref deems it a legit shot.

So a player actually not trying to score would not be a legit shot so it could not be a rebound. Its kind of like when Don Nelson's teams use a play where on one side of the court a guy throws up a brick to purposely go off the opposite side of the backboard and the forward is boxing out his man to get it off the glass so he can get a put back. They do not put that in the book as a shot or a rebound so why would Sura get a rebound of a non legit shot

This was the right call and bs on Sura's part but he said the right things todays and apologized

racist

dangerboy12 - yes it would count but its like when a defensive player tips in a basket for the other team, they don't give that player a field goal attemp in the book

A guy pulls a bush league stunt like that, and people are complaining about the league not letting it slide?? I don't get it.

Kobe passed to himself off the backboard in a game this week, and the league counted it as a rebound. Boo the NFL(no fun league). Bobby Sura has been busting his ass, on both ends of the court, for the last few games, why can't the league let this go? The NBA needs this excitement.

Well if Kobe did that and it counted as a rebound I dont understand how they could completely contradict themselves in this case.

"Bobby Sura has been busting his ass, on both ends of the court for the last few games"

Cire - I couldn't agree more

"why can't the league let this go? The NBA needs this excitement."

well I can't argue that but I think Sura going after it the way he did was bs but as I have said already I cut the guy some slack because he got caught up in it and that understandable but he still should not have done it

"Kobe passed to himself off the backboard in a game this week, and the league counted it as a rebound."

That's fucked.

stats are left up to the judgement of the person keeping the book but of couse the league can always overrule