NCIS LA

Catching a marathon on this show today and surprised at how much I like it. Interesting stories.

Yeah its that typical TV show crime stuff, but the international/terror plots are pretty good.

Anyone else care to admit the show is alright? Phone Post 3.0

Massive fan of JAG and then NCIS, but absolutely hated this show. Watched 3 or 4 of the episodes when it first started.

If others rate it then I may give it another shot. Phone Post 3.0

I liked the original ncis too, would watch it with my dad. Since he passed i can't bring myself to watch it, still hurts. Only a year and a half since he passed. Phone Post 3.0

NCIS is absolutely one of the most ridiculous shows ever put on the air.  I mean that, dead serious.  The plots in the show take place so far outside the jurisdiction of the investigators, the means by which they investigate these plots is asinine, and the way the resolve them is even worse.  It is simply one of the worst shows ever broadcast on television.  From TMQ:

On "NCIS: Los Angeles," a mad scientist is said to be about to release enough weaponized smallpox to kill a third of the world's population. Yet the entire United States government has only nine people working on the problem, mostly from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. No FBI, no LAPD, no California State Police, no CDC personnel. Why would the NCIS, which investigates crimes within the Navy and Marine Corps, have jurisdiction over a smallpox threat in Los Angeles? The show doesn't even try to explain. As the episode begins, the NCIS director tells her investigators, "You have been granted plenary power to take any action necessary to stop this emergency." The Naval Criminal Investigative Service can declare martial law? Sure, it's just a preposterous show. But last year it was the No. 2-rated drama on American television.

On "NCIS: Los Angeles," the agents look super-cool by wearing tight jeans and fashion tees. Then they pull out cell phones, pistols (sidearm plus backup), handcuffs, flashlights, badges, wallets and extra magazines for lengthy gun battles. Where were they carrying this stuff? In one episode the mega-babe detective attends a party wearing the sort of short, skin-tight outfit that starlets sport on a red carpet. Her partner asks where her gun could possibly be hidden; she replies, in a bra holster. Moments later a firefight begins against mobsters with automatic weapons. She pulls her gun and fires dozens of rounds. Viewers never find out where the extra magazines could possibly have been hidden. The instant the battle ends -- with, of course, the bad guys dead while all their automatic weapons fire missed at point-blank range -- the babe detective pops her pistol back into the bra holster. A gun that has just fired dozens of rounds would burn her skin!

I like the chick with the weird eyes. I would like to dock my submarine in her harbor. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild -

NCIS is absolutely one of the most ridiculous shows ever put on the air.  I mean that, dead serious.  The plots in the show take place so far outside the jurisdiction of the investigators, the means by which they investigate these plots is asinine, and the way the resolve them is even worse.  It is simply one of the worst shows ever broadcast on television.  From TMQ:

On "NCIS: Los Angeles," a mad scientist is said to be about to release enough weaponized smallpox to kill a third of the world's population. Yet the entire United States government has only nine people working on the problem, mostly from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. No FBI, no LAPD, no California State Police, no CDC personnel. Why would the NCIS, which investigates crimes within the Navy and Marine Corps, have jurisdiction over a smallpox threat in Los Angeles? The show doesn't even try to explain. As the episode begins, the NCIS director tells her investigators, "You have been granted plenary power to take any action necessary to stop this emergency." The Naval Criminal Investigative Service can declare martial law? Sure, it's just a preposterous show. But last year it was the No. 2-rated drama on American television.

On "NCIS: Los Angeles," the agents look super-cool by wearing tight jeans and fashion tees. Then they pull out cell phones, pistols (sidearm plus backup), handcuffs, flashlights, badges, wallets and extra magazines for lengthy gun battles. Where were they carrying this stuff? In one episode the mega-babe detective attends a party wearing the sort of short, skin-tight outfit that starlets sport on a red carpet. Her partner asks where her gun could possibly be hidden; she replies, in a bra holster. Moments later a firefight begins against mobsters with automatic weapons. She pulls her gun and fires dozens of rounds. Viewers never find out where the extra magazines could possibly have been hidden. The instant the battle ends -- with, of course, the bad guys dead while all their automatic weapons fire missed at point-blank range -- the babe detective pops her pistol back into the bra holster. A gun that has just fired dozens of rounds would burn her skin!

Of course its not realistic, but none of the basic cable prime trine crime shows really are. The plots are outlandish, but I've found then entertaining today.

Not all are super out there. Huffy watched a cool one about the Sudanese smuggling in uranium by tricking the cartel into thinking it was heroin. Phone Post 3.0

They should rename it to DHS: LA or CIA/NSA: LA somethignt hat more fits with the story lines. My wife loves it and I admit I like the interplay between the LA Cop and hot brunette.

BackOffWarchild -

Oh come on that is so nit picky about the gun burning her skin. It isn't going to be realistic, its basic cable simpleton crime drama. I can see it for what it is and still be amused by it. Some of the plots/cases are alright.

And obviously the extra magazines were in her vag. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - 

It's the same with the CSI shows. Why are all these forensic scientists carrying guns and arresting people?

Shinsplint - I like the chick with the weird eyes. I would like to dock my submarine in her harbor. Phone Post 3.0
She's got like a blood blister in one right? On the side of one of her eyes, the white part next to pupil is discolored.
Thought i was seeing things, glad to know i wasn't. Phone Post 3.0

Tidbits - They should rename it to DHS: LA or CIA/NSA: LA somethignt hat more fits with the story lines. My wife loves it and I admit I like the interplay between the LA Cop and hot brunette.
And the two techies, geek dude an chick. Both sex pot detective and geek chick are hot. Phone Post 3.0

gord96 - 
BackOffWarchild - 

It's the same with the CSI shows. Why are all these forensic scientists carrying guns and arresting people?

Exactly.  On what planet does a forensic examiner get to interview a felony suspect?

But I do think the NCIS shows are the worst.  Look what the guy defending the show replied:  A great episode about Sudanese terrorists smuggling uranium into the U.S. by tricking a Mexican cartel into thinking it was heroin.  If that plot isn't absolutely retarded enough, it's the fucking NCIS that investigates it.

WHAT?

BackOffWarchild -
gord96 - 
BackOffWarchild - 

Exactly.  On what planet does a forensic examiner get to interview a felony suspect?

But I do think the NCIS shows are the worst.  Look what the guy defending the show replied:  A great episode about Sudanese terrorists smuggling uranium into the U.S. by tricking a Mexican cartel into thinking it was heroin.  If that plot isn't absolutely retarded enough, it's the fucking NCIS that investigates it.

WHAT?

Come on man.. I'm defending it in the sense that its simpleton TV not meant top be over analyzed, just to have the outlandishness enjoyed.

Very few TV or movies are realistic. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild -
gord96 - 
BackOffWarchild - 

WHAT?

Also a lot of these ridiculous plots they investigate have a quick tie in because of a dirty naval officer or killed naval officer... An easy (and yes, still.unrealistic) reason that ncis la are investigating.

I agree that it should be called DHS LA or NSA LA that would make more sense but they obviously wanted to tie in with the already established franchise.
I don't remember the original NCIS being as global terror themed as NCIS LA Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Benwahwah - Massive fan of JAG and then NCIS, but absolutely hated this show. Watched 3 or 4 of the episodes when it first started.

I'm right in thinking that the original NCIS stuck to more inter naval investigations right ? Not as national security/terror plot heavy as NCIS LA Phone Post 3.0

Sexpot detectives eye looks weird because she has what's called a Nevus of Ota in her right eye. Phone Post 3.0

Another show that's weird like that is Bones. The main lady is a forensic expert who the FBI brings in to solve unidentified remains cases. As the show progressed they just do any case where the police can't identify the victim right away. And the FBI is always involved. The police don't get involved. If there is a body that is in pieces just call the FBI.

Of course it's how they keep shows different from your everyday cop drama i spose. have to suspend some belief.

JustPeed -
UGCTT_Benwahwah - Massive fan of JAG and then NCIS, but absolutely hated this show. Watched 3 or 4 of the episodes when it first started.

I'm right in thinking that the original NCIS stuck to more inter naval investigations right ? Not as national security/terror plot heavy as NCIS LA Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, there was one or two plot lines that went international as Ziva's dad was either the head of or at the very least heavily involved in Mossad.

But in general it was home based storylines. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - 
gord96 - 
BackOffWarchild - 

WHAT?

Have you watched a single episode? Just about every single one starts with a dead marine or navy guy that is directly involved in whatever ridiculous story they do.

Never understood people who watch TV then complain about it not being real.

It's like going to the zoo and then complaining there are too many animals around.

Yeah, Crypes, that's what I've been trying to say. It isn't made to have incredible depth.. Its just a fun basic cable simple crime show with a homeland security twist.

I've been entertained by it. Phone Post 3.0