NE1 work for Fone Co or ISP?

need some help here, guys. trying to speed up my dial up but for some reason, it wouldn't go beyond 28.8k. i've tried everything possible on my side, from changing strings on my initialization commands to running a direct line from my junction box. well i found from the phone co yesterday that i'm on a pair gain circuit, bad news for dialups. my question is, how do i convince the phone company to get me on a different circuit? i realize by law that as long as they can transmit voices, they're ok, even tho if it's subpar for internet connections. can't have dsl or cable at the moment, so i'm stuck with this for now. help...

You are probably shit out of luck unfortunately..

thx...

Hillbilly is correct. Welcome to 1995.

Unplug your phones and go at it with a stun gun until they replace it.

ponyboy, having problem with my webcam therefore i can't see your facial expression; are you being sarcastic???

Sometimes, having a higher quality modem does improve this (a HARDWARE driven modem, not the crappy winmodems)

fintheman, cajones is correct. i'm trying to find if ne1 here work for the fone co or ISP. if you call them and plain out tell them that you're only getting half of what you should be getting on your internet connection, they really don't give a rat's ass, therefore they won't give you the time of the day. maybe someone from the foneco or ISP would know what to do...

The stun gun will get their attention but quit calling them for a while so as not to raise suspicion.

They should replace said torched equipment with something a little better.

I worked at an ISP and they will tell you there is nothing you can do since you are at the mercy of the phone lines.

yup, that's what exactly my ISP told me...