Nearly 24 hours since Diaz was pulled from fight!!

I'm still pissed off, any 1 else guys?forget the circumstances I was really looking forward to this more than any other since lidell , silva. Nick Diaz has fucked his own fans over good and proper.

Why did he have to make UFC do this. I'm pissed UFC pulled him but clearly they had a decision to make and Diaz left them no choice.

Way a feel tonight nick, go loose them teeth at boxing. My fav fighter has let us all down , no one more than himself .

rant over!!! Phone Post

He tried to pull the shit that he could have pulled with Strikeforce and it bit him in the ass. Hopefully it's a wake up call.

I personally DO NOT agree with puling a guy from a title fight just becasue he didn't show up to a press conference.

He is a fighter, not a celebrity.

He has publicly stated that he HATES these press events, yet they schedule him for one.

He's never NOT shown up for a fight.

Was he completeyl unreachable?

No phone?

Nobody knew where he was AT ALL???

I find that a little hard to believe that no one can account for Nick Diaz's wherabouts for all that time to where they felt the need to pull him from a title fight.

<blockquote>BillyRayChubbs -  I personally DO NOT agree with puling a guy from a title fight just becasue he didn't show up to a press conference.<br />He is a fighter, not a celebrity.<br />He has publicly stated that he HATES these press events, yet they schedule him for one.<br />He's never NOT shown up for a fight.<br />Was he completeyl unreachable?<br />No phone?<br />Nobody knew where he was AT ALL???<br /><br />I find that a little hard to believe that no one can account for Nick Diaz's wherabouts for all that time to where they felt the need to pull him from a title fight.<br /></blockquote><br /><br />

He is a celebrity. The UFC is massive. Like Dana said it IS in their contract that they need to do the promotion leading up to the event. He didn't fulfill his obligations so, they found someone who would. Period. Did you not read the countless interviews where Cesar couldn't find him, apparently Nick literally ran out the back door to avoid Cesar, Zuffa paying 15k in plane tickets, etc?

Nick missing the press conference harms nothing but Dana's ego. GSP and Nick were both training for this fight for how long now?

Business...

How does it work?

jar of flies - Nick missing the press conference harms nothing but Dana's ego. GSP and Nick were both training for this fight for how long now?

How do you guys not realize that press conferences are essential? Why do you think boxing does it for every fight and do multiple pressers for the big events? Because it draws interest, draws more buys, and pushes ticket sales.

Brigham -He is a celebrity. The UFC is massive. Like Dana said it IS in their contract that they need to do the promotion leading up to the event. He didn't fulfill his obligations so, they found someone who would. Period. Did you not read the countless interviews where Cesar couldn't find him, apparently Nick literally ran out the back door to avoid Cesar, Zuffa paying 15k in plane tickets, etc?

Couldn't have said it better myself

BillyRayChubbs -  I personally DO NOT agree with puling a guy from a title fight just becasue he didn't show up to a press conference.
He has publicly stated that he HATES these press events, yet they schedule him for one.
No phone?

I find that a little hard to believe that no one can account for Nick Diaz's wherabouts for all that time to where they felt the need to pull him from a title fight.

The problem is, when Dana offered Diaz the chance if big money etc to fight gsp, he asked him out right if he would play the game and turn out to all press conferences and all other events hyping the fight.

He looked Dana in the eye and said he would, Dana tested him and feels let down, so he's out. I'm pissed too but that's the reality. Phone Post

jar of flies - Nick missing the press conference harms nothing but Dana's ego. GSP and Nick were both training for this fight for how long now?

Not the point. GSP is taking time out of his life to attend all of these events. Does that seem fair? It IS in Nick Diaz's contract that he is legally obliged to attend these events. If he cannot, he NEEDS to let Dana know so they don't spend 15,000 on plane tickets, 10,000 on venue, 15,000 on GSP's plane tickets, 5,000 on media outlet's, and 10,000 on employee's wages to attend said media conference. Not to mention, all of the sponsors who pay to have their names on this event will seek reimbursement for the press conference as the other opponent did not show, making it a stale conference.

Should we also look into the 50,000 already spent to make posters, tickets, and commercials?

"Pressers don't matter, he's a fighter. He has social anxiety and hates pressers anyway."
Still part of his job that he didn't do. Still didn't show and the only thing he's said was "Fuck your mother" to a random motorist and "I'm ready to fight" about 6 times. At least bullshit a reason, especially when you've specifically been asked to play along, ie do the other parts of the job that aren't fighting, like promoting your fight. Probably wouldn't have been pulled if he wasn't on the main event and hadn't missed multiple events with no contact.

You cannot miss a pressor when your th fuckin main event! Come on guys seriously. Name one other fighter who has missed a pressor whenthey are the main event? Name me one! You can't cause it ain't never happend. Diaz agreed to show up. He was paid to show up. He signed a contract to show up. People shouldn't be defending a guy who couldn't even bother to show up let alone offer no explanation Phone Post

itchie - "Pressers don't matter, he's a fighter. He has social anxiety and hates pressers anyway."
Still part of his job that he didn't do. Still didn't show and the only thing he's said was "Fuck your mother" to a random motorist and "I'm ready to fight" about 6 times. At least bullshit a reason, especially when you've specifically been asked to play along, ie do the other parts of the job that aren't fighting, like promoting your fight. Probably wouldn't have been pulled if he wasn't on the main event and hadn't missed multiple events with no contact.

Wish you were right but of course pressers matter. Phone Post

Zuffa pulling Diaz will cost them millions and if Dana is directly responsible, they need to garnish his wages

Brigham - 

How do you guys not realize that press conferences are essential?

Press conferences are so lame boxing has been staging fights at them for years just to attract attention.

And LOL @ suggesting sponsors are in this for the press conference coverage.

I'm not saying Nick didn't fuck up, but everyone involved has acted stupidly.

Auzzie - 
BillyRayChubbs -  I personally DO NOT agree with puling a guy from a title fight just becasue he didn't show up to a press conference.

No phone?

This is precisely why you are not the owner of an international, multimedia, billions-of-dollars worth sports promotion company. Don't worry about this stuff; leave it to the big boys. Business....how does it work?
I got up to speed on Cesar's comments after writing this....

Its all on Nick.

I am just very bummed about it, plus knowing Nick, and Cesar since 1999, makes it sting a little more...

I know how business works, dumbass, 11'er.....

I'm just disappointed.

The thing was that Diaz was missing and not even his manager or trainer knew what was up. If UFC needs to replace Diaz they had to make that decision as soon as possible. A simple phone call would probably had saved the situation.

^^^^This. Allegedly, Diaz missed his flight because he tried to use an expired driver's license as ID prior to boarding his flight.  He should have immediately called someone...anyone connected to the event and let them know. Instead, nobody hears from the guy for hours, then we get a profanity laced semi-mumbling diatribe video on Youtube about how he's "ready to fight."

Professionalism...how does it work?!?

Droppin Loads On Your Face Son - 
Better Mouse Trap - Zuffa pulling Diaz will cost them millions and if Dana is directly responsible, they need to garnish his wages

Yep, And Dana Needs to sit down and watch a movie about this...

GET HIM TO THE GREEK

Haha loved that movie. Maybe Diaz was smoking "the jeffrey".

It is almost comical how idiots try to turn this around as Dana's hurt ego, and put the blame all on him.

You do know Nick has a history of doing this, right? That he failed to show up for a mandatory pre fight drug test that cost him a shot at a title, right?

Dana wanted assurances that Nick would not do this when he signed him to fight GSP, and at the first chance, Nick does it.

Nick can try to downplay by acting like he doesnt give a shit and calling it a beauty pageant, fact of the matter is, he doesnt understand what being a champion is all about.