Need a new tv....

My tv took a shit.... tons of fucktarded pixels literally overnight. I did all I could but it looks like it’s done. 

Haven’t bought a tv in like 8 years, pre 4K and all that ...

What the hell should I even look for? What specs am I looking at. Just watch tv and movies on this one. 

1 Like

What is your budget and what size are you looking for?

Just go riot

5 Likes
clattymine -

My tv took a shit.... tons of fucktarded pixels literally overnight. I did all I could but it looks like it’s done. 

Haven’t bought a tv in like 8 years, pre 4K and all that ...

What the hell should I even look for? What specs am I looking at. Just watch tv and movies on this one. 

they are so cheap now. 

go to walmart and get the biggest roku tv they have. so easy to operate and organize all your shit. probably get a 60 inch for 350

My brother just got an 82 inch. Now my 65 looks small.

Just like my weenus

cfochs -

I dunno ....$1k .... probly 55”.

have a 65 downstairs and that seems a bit big for this room. 

clattymine - 
cfochs -

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/55-inch

TCL's 6 series are excellent bang for your buck and will cost 600 or less. I love mine. I have the older five hundred series. 

The best in are right around a grand. 

I have a 55 LG that is really really good. 

Only had it a month but it’s outstanding and highly rated. 

it’s the LG OLED55b9

1 Like

Great thread. My tv just went completely black, but had sound. 3 year old Samsung 65in from Costco. From what I’ve seen, it would cost me about the same to repair the tv as it would to buy a new one.

I just want a solid tv for around $500.

plenty of them for cheap. repairing is stupid. 

If you want it to last, go LG. They make the most durable tv's nowadays by far imo.

If you want cheap then yeah go get a roku whatever at walmart. Expect to replace it in 2years.

For picture quality, you can’t beat OLED from pretty much any major brand (LG, Samsung, etc.)

Only you know what you like or what features are important to you. For me, contrast is #1, hence my preference for OLED.

scrapdo -

I have a 55 LG that is really really good. 

Only had it a month but it’s outstanding and highly rated. 

it’s the LG OLED55b9

I have an LG OLED 65”. Beautiful TV. LG is the gold standard for OLED, but that’s a little more than straight LCD. Lots of people like Samsung but their colors are a little too weird for me. 

GreggyOmega -

For picture quality, you can’t beat OLED from pretty much any major brand (LG, Samsung, etc.)

Only you know what you like or what features are important to you. For me, contrast is #1, hence my preference for OLED.

AFAIK, Samsung doesn’t make OLED. They have QLED which isn’t the same. 

Sweet_Baby_Jesus -

Great thread. My tv just went completely black, but had sound. 3 year old Samsung 65in from Costco. From what I’ve seen, it would cost me about the same to repair the tv as it would to buy a new one.

Dont say that. Thats my age brand and size.....did you pay for the protection plan?

pfsjkd -
GreggyOmega -

AFAIK, Samsung doesn’t make OLED. They have QLED which isn’t the same. 

OLED looks fucking great but I went $800 instead of $2400 or whatever it was. I dont watch enough tv to pay that much more.

ShanTheMan -
Sweet_Baby_Jesus -

Dont say that. Thats my age brand and size.....did you pay for the protection plan?

I had the 2 year protection plan. 

DaveFu -
clattymine - 
cfochs -

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/55-inch

TCL's 6 series are excellent bang for your buck and will cost 600 or less. I love mine. I have the older five hundred series. 

The best in are right around a grand. 

This.

I have a 65" samsung qled and I'd give up a finger for it.  Amazing picture.  

I was looking at a few of these suggestions already, thanks guys!