need a school in S.E. Ga

I am new to mma (or tma)and would like to begin training. I'd like to train mma but a good school for grappling or striking would be good for a start. I'm near Baxley. Any help would be appreciated.

boy..thats way down there...I have friends from Waycross and visit regularly.

atlanta,ga

How "near" Baxley are you? Are you in Alma? Man finding somewhere for strictly mma will be difficult in this rural area. I'm over in Waycross, and me and a couple other guys train from time to time, but I haven't found enough guys to keep it steady. We do offer grappling classes at our school as well as TMA and tons of other stuff, but the student/participant base for MMA isn't great in this area.

I'm closer to Odum. How often do you guys get together? I'd be willing to come train with you guys as much as my schedule will let me get over that way. It's about a 50 minute drive for me to Waycross.

We don't get together nearly enough. Some times however, we're able to pull it out 3 or 4 times a week. There is about 6 or 7 of us, but with different commitment levels and schedules, it's usually only 2 or 3 of us that show. What is your experience in martial arts. Are you from Odum or just recently moved there. By the way, there is an excellent sport karate school in Jesup, and I've heard rumors of Judo instruction at another spot in Jesup, but don't know much about it.

Also, we'd be more than glad to have you stop by from time to time, so just drop your email here, and we'll see what happens.

Then he should drop smacdaddy a line.

No I'm not DB but I know DB. Actually I know Lance Havock and even Damn Yankee I believe. And actually DB is a man on a mission, and if his schedule conflicts with others (which it does) it doesn't stop him from training, and that's kind of why he "trains on his own." It's because he's always training! But actually we have been trying FOREVER it seems to make a schedule that's consistent for all of us but between wives, kids, college, work, and everything else, it's been a nightmare. We actually just started doing it at lunch from 12 - 2 everyday. It's kind of a sucky time, but it's the only thing we could all agree on. Oh well.

I think you are pretty far west of us, but theres a school called Reality Martial Arts Academy in Valdosta Georgia, the only MMA school within a couple hours as far as i know.

Well I am located in Midway/Hinesville, Georgia. I am also very interested in MMA. I am currently training in Sim Do and Was wondering where other people trained. If anyone would like to get together just hit me up. Holla

We got one.

thanks to everyone that posted a response. I am going to try the school in Jesup at the world gym. As my skill goes up, I might email some of you guys to get together sometime. Again thanks everybody.