Need advice from dog owners plz

I got a puppy a few days ago and I'm having a really hard time with his potty training. It's actually getting progressively worst.

The issue is mostly at night. First night he started fussing in his cage and I knew I had to take him out. Took him out, was outside with him for about an hour, he wouldn't go. The moment I brought him back in the house, he immediately pisses and shits on the floor as I'm locking the door behind me.

Later on that night, same thing.

Second night, I thought I was making progress because he shit on the porch instead of the house. I celebrated that he didn't shit in the house (cause I read you're supposed to do that). Progress I thought. Except, I woke up the next morning to find out he shit his bed.

Third night, I set my alarm around the same time he had been waking up the two previous nights and take him out. Nothing. He's in the house, I'm watching him, he's giving me no signs that he needs to go so I put him back in his bed in his case. A few minutes later, I smell the shit. He shit in his bed again. I clean up the mess, I give him a bath (at 3:00 am), I put him back in his 2nd bed (I bought 2 for him) and walk away and he immediately shits his bed again.

WTF?!?! This dog is 3 months old and refuses to shit outside and apparently, unlike any dog I've ever had, he loves to shit where he sleeps.

Any advice is welcome, I don't know what to try.

I don't have any advice but that is fuckin gross

There are tons of resources on YouTube
Good luck, fren. Phone Post 3.0

Move his bed outside

Buy a book. Phone Post 3.0

Is the dog getting enough exercise? Ration water. Take dog out to same spot every single time. Bring tiny treat with you and praise and give treat every time it does the deed outdoors.

Puppy's need to go out constantly maybe every hour or so. You should be training it to be in a crate as much as 16-18hrs a day Phone Post 3.0

16-18hrs not all at once like total. And start shaving time off that slowly as it ages Phone Post 3.0

When you take him outside, are you walking around, or staying in one spot?

Dont walk around and let him investingate a millions different things, he is out there to do his buisness, that is all.

So take the paper towles you cleaned up his last accident with and put them outside where you want him to go, then when you take him out to do his buisness, walk directly to where you want him to go, stand there and tell him to do his buisness.

As soon as he goes tell him what a good boy he is and give him a nice treat.

Walk him more often and praise him with a treat when he goes outside it worked for me. Phone Post 3.0

WorlynnLotD -
Ingo Weigold - Is the dog getting enough exercise? Ration water. Take dog out to same spot every single time. Bring tiny treat with you and praise and give treat every time it does the deed outdoors.

Puppy's need to go out constantly maybe every hour or so. You should be training it to be in a crate as much as 16-18hrs a day Phone Post 3.0
Most of this, 18hrs of crate training in one day seems a bit much tho. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah you're right 18 is a lot. Really depends on the puppy. We've started 14-18hrs with all ours and eased off Phone Post 3.0

go to leerburgs site and read the crate training info

it's pretty detailed

don't play with him outside where you take him to pee/poop... he needs to associate going outside to his "potty spot" with going to the bathroom

just keep in mind that it will get better

just need to be vigilant

pups may need to go in the middle of the night, so if you here him fussing take him outside to go then put him back in the crate

up to about a year old my dogs are usually in the crate a lot

they aren't out wandering around on their own

seriously.... try pissing somewhere in your yard right in front of him

he might try to cover it with his scent and get used to the idea of going outside

It's possible the dog KNOWS it's supposed to go outside, and wants to but "thinks" it can't.

I have this little dog, looks like a miniature Lab Retriever, anyway we've got a dog door leading out of the utility room into the garage, and a dog door from the garage outside.

Every night the dog would go into the garage and shit, during the day, she would go outside. didn't matter how much I stuck her nose in it and beat her, every night it was the same thing. And she KNEW better.

The dog is afraid of the DARK. The garage is not completly dark, but pretty dim at night. She simply would not walk out of the light cast by the opening of the first dog door to go to the next. I left the garage light on, no problem. She'll walk all the way outside.

Now the only thing is if it's raining....she won't go all the way out....

Anyway, you may not just have a dumb/stubborn dog. He might want to go outside but something, irrational or not, convinces him he cant.

DirkH - It's possible the dog KNOWS it's supposed to go outside, and wants to but "thinks" it can't.

I have this little dog, looks like a miniature Lab Retriever, anyway we've got a dog door leading out of the utility room into the garage, and a dog door from the garage outside.

Every night the dog would go into the garage and shit, during the day, she would go outside. didn't matter how much I stuck her nose in it and beat her, every night it was the same thing. And she KNEW better.

The dog is afraid of the DARK. The garage is not completly dark, but pretty dim at night. She simply would not walk out of the light cast by the opening of the first dog door to go to the next. I left the garage light on, no problem. She'll walk all the way outside.

Anyway, you may not just have a dumb/stubborn dog. He might want to go outside but something, irrational or not, convinces him he cant.
You never "beat" a dog. Ever. Phone Post 3.0

Make sure the crate is small enough your dog can stand and turn but not walk around or they will go to the bathroom in it , if the crate is big you can put a divider in till your dog gets used to going outside then you can remove the divider Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the advice guys. He's still not going outside, but I took him to the vet and it turns out he's got worms, which is making him shit constantly, compounding the problem. I got him to poop on one of those poop mats in the middle of the night (cause it's been too fuckin cold to go outside in the middle of the night).

I'm thinking of trying john76th's advice and peeing outside so he gets a hint.

dpro2716 - 
DirkH - It's possible the dog KNOWS it's supposed to go outside, and wants to but "thinks" it can't.

You never "beat" a dog. Ever. Phone Post 3.0

I put her nose it it, slapped her ass and said "No", then put her outside.

I did not break bones with a steel pipe.

Unwad your panties. I do not fight pitbulls and kill the loser.

Granpa - Thanks for the advice guys. He's still not going outside, but I took him to the vet and it turns out he's got worms, which is making him shit constantly, compounding the problem. I got him to poop on one of those poop mats in the middle of the night (cause it's been too fuckin cold to go outside in the middle of the night).

I'm thinking of trying john76th's advice and peeing outside so he gets a hint.

If using a poop mat make sure you put it near the door he is going to go out to do his business. Then when you notice him going to the mat you can start trying to open the door and let him out instead of usng the mat.

Your dog is an asshole, man. Phone Post 3.0

1.Feed 3x a day for 10 minutes a day. (now you know when he is going to crap)
Take him out 10 minutes after he eats, bring him to the same spot, on leash. Don't walk around, lean against a tree or pole so you don't drift if you have to. Repeat a term (busy, hurry or potty )
When the dog goes "potty", you act excited and give love.
Pick the water up by 7pm at night. (just like a kid that wets the bed). In the morning, the dog gets carried in the beginning, from the crate, right outside. (lessens the chance of another accident).
Repeat verbal cue and leash training.
Be aware that if you teach your puppy to piss on a pd inside, he will ALWAYS look for an inside spot. Can't bring him into someone else's house, plus your house will stink inevitably Phone Post 3.0