Need advice on a Kimonos for Short Stocky guys

Hi All. I'm getting back into BJJ after a few years. I'm short and stocky. Currently I'm 5-8 at 238 lbs. I used to buy A3's and shorten the pants when I was around 210. I'm gained a few lbs over the years and my old kimono tops are pretty tight now. Can you guys recommend any brands that sell sizes for guys like me? Phone Post 3.0

A2h, a3h, a3x
Brands like Kingz, inverted gear, shoyoroll, toraki, x guard and others
Tatami do one as well but they call it a4xl I think

Basically a2/3 height
with a4 chest, waist and weight

Or some brands just run wide like koral and vulkan Phone Post 3.0

I'm 5'9" 225lbs and have both a4 Fuji & a3 Vulkans. Both have had the pant legs hemmed. The a4 Fugi is larger but the Vulkans are really comfortable.

Thanks guys! Phone Post 3.0

Fuji, HCK, original HW Isami, MKimono. All have a more judo-esque cut (wider and shorter). You could of course just go for a Judo gi?

James

Pittshady - Hi All. I'm getting back into BJJ after a few years. I'm short and stocky. Currently I'm 5-8 at 238 lbs. I used to buy A3's and shorten the pants when I was around 210. I'm gained a few lbs over the years and my old kimono tops are pretty tight now. Can you guys recommend any brands that sell sizes for guys like me? Phone Post 3.0

Try Day by Day kimonos, I liked the first one so much I bought another in a week.  A3 H should fit perfectly. Price reasonable too.  Good quality and for me at 5'7" 200, the A2H fits like a glove, plenty room in armpits, didn't have to hem pants or sleeves.

Sir Taps - Fuji, HCK, original HW Isami, MKimono. All have a more judo-esque cut (wider and shorter). You could of course just go for a Judo gi?

James
Would you say this about the Fuji all round GI as well?
Thanks Phone Post 3.0

I'm 5'9 and now 200 but was 220. Tatami and 93 brand were the two companies that fit me the best. Koral did too but I haven't owned one in years and I have heard their sizing is now weird.

. Phone Post 3.0

Is that the standard Fuji? If so, then yes, though with a more normal bjj sleeve length than the others. IMO the width to length ratio of the other gis are a bit off.

James Phone Post 3.0

Kingz AxH would be a solid choice for that build. I'm 5'8 and 210 and wear the A2H. Shrunk the sleeves and pants down with the dryer. Fits perfectly Phone Post 3.0

I'm almost the exact same dimensions. Try 93 Brand A2H and Inverted Gear A2H Phone Post 3.0

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try the A2H Phone Post 3.0

Pittshady - Thanks everyone. I'm going to try the A2H Phone Post 3.0
Good call. If you should happen to opt for a Venum gi, know that they shrink. I have A2H's that fit me like skinny jeans. Phone Post 3.0

I was about to buy a new GI, but new the academy I just started with hooked me up with a rollmore A4. I have all of these Fuji A3's that I can't wear anymore. I look like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy (Fat guy in little coat) and can't move. The A4 top fits me perfectly, but the sleeves and pants are too long. I shrunk the GI int he dryer and that helped a bit.So now I'm not sure if A2H would be the right size. Based on this information, do you guys think the A3H Top will be big enough(My suit jackets are normally a 48)?

A3h should be fine. I bought a kingz one a few weeks back.
Or just take your a4 to a tailor and get the lengths adjusted Phone Post 3.0

Just bought the Kingz A3H. Should get here in a few days. They're having a 15% off sale and free shipping. I got their classic gi for $100 bucks. Phone Post 3.0