Need advice on hunting boots

Deer. Colorado high country. Early November. Probably snow on the ground.

I don't think I want a big clunky hunting boot. I'm thinking a lightweight waterproof hiking boot with ankle support and good socks.

Please help me decide. Phone Post 3.0

Danner Pronghorn with some insulation. I have the 600 gram ones and the uninsulated ones for warmer days.

Best hunting boot for the money in my opinion Phone Post 3.0

asolo tps 520 gv
Smartwool or other good wool socks Phone Post 3.0

Salomon Quest 4d GTX.

Top Phone Post 3.0

here a good pair for the price, and they're bear proof:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Danner-reg-High-Ground-Gram-Hunting-Boots/1624448.uts?productVariantId=3495337&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=39-87302718-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03682391&rid=20

2nolatch4 - Danner Pronghorn with some insulation. I have the 600 gram ones and the uninsulated ones for warmer days.

Best hunting boot for the money in my opinion Phone Post 3.0

this, I have a 800 gram pair for cold and an uninsulated pair that I mostly use for pheasant hunting

I bought a pair of under armor brow tine boots that were a good deal and now wish I had just got some Danners.

effinggoof - Salomon Quest 4d GTX.

These are pretty good. 

Co3 - 
effinggoof - Salomon Quest 4d GTX.

These are pretty good. 

I tried a pair of those on a couple of weeks ago and was super close to buying them but decided I would do some more research. I may go back for these. Think they will be okay in snow?

Hanwags are the best boots Ive ever had, they are pricey but will last a long time. I used them for everything from Big Horn hunting in the high country to deer on the prairie.

Do you plan on sitting in a stand/watch or are you going to be still-hunting/stalking/dogging?

Dobbs Killed My Dawg - How much money do you want to spend? Phone Post 3.0

Probably no higher than $250. 

temp154226 - Do you plan on sitting in a stand/watch or are you going to be still-hunting/stalking/dogging?

I don't know. I have never hunted. It sounds like a mix. Could range from 3-10 miles a day from what I am being told. I understand that a really thick insulated boot is best if you are still-hunting as they keep you warm but that the trade off is they aren't as good on long hikes. I get that there are trade-offs. Since I am not sure exactly what we will be doing I am looking for something middle of the road. 

Can't go wrong with danner. Bought a pair and went on a 3 day 19 mile pretty aggressive hike without breaking them in first. They were amazing Phone Post 3.0

Are you guys getting the pronghorn in 6" or 8"?

Damn, the Pronghorn 8" brown looks like a damn nice boot. 

Phuckles - 

both of mine are 8" but I would get 6" if I was you

Aaron Becker - 
Phuckles - 

both of mine are 8" but I would get 6" if I was you

Why do you say that?

Phuckles -
Dobbs Killed My Dawg - How much money do you want to spend? Phone Post 3.0

Probably no higher than $250. 

You can get the Danner 800's for 200 at Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/DANNER-GRAM-PRONGHORN-HUNT-BOOT/1828382.uts?productVariantId=3855209 Phone Post 3.0