Need advice on Theft

I went out of town for work this week to complete an install for my employer. Myself and 2 other co workers left some material and tools locked up in a mechanical room but unfortunately 2 nights ago, somebody broke in and stole my whole tool bag along with some of my co workers tools. We filed a police report and the officer was a nice guy but was realistic in saying it’s not likely that we will get our tools back as there are no security cameras on site as it’s an old building. The estimated loss is around $4000. I talked to the Property Manager of the building and he said that he has no problem in paying a deductible for insurance as he stated that the room was supposed to be secured and locked. My company has not given me a direct answer and I think they’re trying to avoid replacing our equipment. Unfortunately, I had around $3000 in tools that I used not only for the company to gain profit but I also use them to do side jobs, etc... Essentially I paid out of pocket for the tools over a couple years. 

I do not have personal tool insurance as I never thought I would need it being an employee. Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

check craigslist and all the pawn shops in town.

64FordF100 - 

check craigslist and all the pawn shops in town.

This. Also Facebook Marketplace, LetGo, etc. There's a shocking amount of stuff for great deals that "definately aint stolen"

And your fucked.

Welp I’ll take the L unfortunately since I cannot find anything 

Unfortunately you are gunna eat it. Like others said check all the sites and stores listed, even then you have to prove they are yours.

I lost a case of my tools to a car break in. Many of them were arcane as the type of work I do is limited to a few hundred people worldwide, so it seemed likely they would turn up, but no. The same thief left the radio but took a backup pair of shoes that were just nasty, so that was the mentality; probably threw the toolbox on the side of the road as soon as he didn't recognize anything in there.

Did not have insurance on them & was a contractor so no employer to back me up, so I can't comment there. But I'm noticing you said no answer from your employer & an agreement to pay from the landlord, so I'm curious why you aren't pushing harder on either of those fronts?

BarkLikeADog - I lost a case of my tools to a car break in. Many of them were arcane as the type of work I do is limited to a few hundred people worldwide, so it seemed likely they would turn up, but no. The same thief left the radio but took a backup pair of shoes that were just nasty, so that was the mentality; probably threw the toolbox on the side of the road as soon as he didn't recognize anything in there.

Did not have insurance on them & was a contractor so no employer to back me up, so I can't comment there. But I'm noticing you said no answer from your employer & an agreement to pay from the landlord, so I'm curious why you aren't pushing harder on either of those fronts?

The landlord said he could only front $500 bucks. And I’m pushing hard on my employer to help out.