Need an indoor security camera system TME

Upping the security in my pad. Anyone have a recommendation?

I've been looking into a system called Arlo from Netgear. It's wireless and looks pretty sleek. Anyone have this?

Its not moisture resistant so there goes your plan....

morotetsuke - Its not moisture resistant so there goes your plan....

Dang you go me

I have a Canary cam and could not be happier. It is a very wide angle and covers my entire living area. All the video uploads to the cloud and it has motion detection. So if something moves, the cam records and that video is safely stored online. However, you can also watch it live. Best of all, it has built into the app, the ability to call the police with one button, or sound an alarm, which is pretty loud.

The cloud based service is free, but it will only hold a few days worth of motion activated video before it starts overwriting them with new ones. However, if you are really paranoid, for a few dollars a month, they offer other plans were everything can be stored for a much longer period of time.

In

Don't know if they're wireless, but you always see multi-camera systems being sold at Costco

Disagree with everything stated above, as a professional securtiy integrator you are getting ripped hard into buying garbage quailty.

Wireless cameras are expensive, still need batteries which you need to check and change FREQUENTLY if you want to run the cameras for a reasonable amount of time.  Also, if you have a crappy connection, you will drop signal and recordings all the time.  This is especially the case when you consider that the cameras function at the same hertz your cell phone does so you get tons of interference.

Victor, so you're saying a wired system is the way to go? My home was built in 2011 and is pre-wired for security, but I've never had anything installed. I really have no idea what is actually wired.