Need cable/internet advice

Here's the deal, ill be moving into my new house in a month and im having problems deciding on which cable/net to go with. I have had TW+Road Runner for many years...im happy with them. But my neighborhood has Google Fiber. And I hear it's the shit. Also, Uverse gives great rates around here.
I'd like for you all to give me your good and bad experiences with the ones you delt with, and who you settled with and why?
Ill bump this for a day or two and be generous with my VTFUs! ! Phone Post 3.0

no clue what the cost is for what you have. but google is cheaper than what i pay for comcast and it has speeds that are far faster. i would be all over google if it was a option here

Bump Phone Post 3.0

Cost isn't really an issue for me. I'm just looking for the best speeds and the best cable and the best DVR's. Time Warner Cable can only record two shows at a time which really bugs me. But I have friends that say Uverse isn't as good as what people say it is. I'm really not a fan of satellite dishes either. I am curious about Google Fiber and I'm definitely going to look into it. I just really wanted to see what all you guys have a what your pros and cons about them are. Phone Post 3.0

ATnT Uverse gives me a lot of channels and bells and whistles, BUT it has problems somewhat often. Just my experience in southern california

One more thing I was told Time Warner Cable share internet with the whole neighborhood which can bring the speeds down around peak times have any of you guys ever heard of this? Phone Post 3.0

At&T dvr does 4 at once just fyi

UGCTT_Nightkap - One more thing I was told Time Warner Cable share internet with the whole neighborhood which can bring the speeds down around peak times have any of you guys ever heard of this? Phone Post 3.0
Cable internet is all like this. Since the speeds have increased so much you don't really have any issues with this. If you are looking for multitasking you want to stay away from Uverse. The more you are doing in your home the worse Uverse works. Ex: watching 2 tvs and playing on the computer, if the phone rings it will probably mess up one of the other things you are doing. Phone Post 3.0

i don't know about the dvr's but if speed matters none of them are coming close to google. but i have heard at&t is planning to add speeds to match it in some areas in texas i think it was

time warner might get bought by comcrap. so that would rule them out for me. them even wanting to be part of comcrap means i wouldn't take them even if the buy out is blocked. so that would leave me with just at&t and google and i would try google

kk figured i would look it up.

this is google.

Record up to eight programs simultaneously, just because you can. And with an unprecedented two terabytes of storage, you will never have to worry about having enough space to record your favorite shows.

plus they give you a nexus7 tablet to use for your remote.

yeah to me this looks like it is not even a contest. 

Jbisquick -
UGCTT_Nightkap - One more thing I was told Time Warner Cable share internet with the whole neighborhood which can bring the speeds down around peak times have any of you guys ever heard of this? Phone Post 3.0
Cable internet is all like this. Since the speeds have increased so much you don't really have any issues with this. If you are looking for multitasking you want to stay away from Uverse. The more you are doing in your home the worse Uverse works. Ex: watching 2 tvs and playing on the computer, if the phone rings it will probably mess up one of the other things you are doing. Phone Post 3.0
Hell, this would be GREAT Uverse service in my area - in my house, if I try to run two things at once, one will crap out FOR SURE.

And there's also the lovely issue of how they cut the speed to my entire subdivision WITHOUT TELLING US (although of course we figured it out in a hurry), and it was shit speed to begin with. Seriously 3.0 MBPS cut to 1.5 for everyone because they thought their "infrastructure can't handle this load long term, it's safer to use more reliable wiring."

That doesn't even make sense. But fuck you anyway, I'm moving to Comcast and 100 MBPS for the SAME exact price. Phone Post 3.0

Uverse had horrible equipment when I had them about a yr and a half ago. Went through 5 dvr boxes in 6 months, about once a month the dvr would wipe itself. They finally let me out of my contract and I've been with directv ever since. The Uverse interwebs in my area is ehh, I still use them cause I'm too lazy to call Comcast. Phone Post 3.0

google with directTV is the way to go

Just read ATT in talks of buying Directv for 50b

BrckNoHitBk - Just read ATT in talks of buying Directv for 50b
Att owns dtv partially. Just a merger. Phone Post 3.0

Fiber for sure. Not even a question on that.

If you're definitely going to get a television service I reccomend Dish Network. We switched from Dish to DirectTv (2 year contract was up) and I've regretted it every day since. The Hopper DVR system is light years ahead of anything anyone else has right now.

Should not even be a question: Google fibre

Google Fibre? Hmmmm, I will research before next football season when I normally retook up my satellite, as I do each season.

I have none of these options in Canada; however, my building has a fun new fibre company that is cheap and wicked fast.

I have their cheapest plan at $45 for unlimited and 50 up/50 down. They just released a $250 plan for 500mbps up and down!

So if google is similar then 100% do eet! Phone Post 3.0

I am definitely interested in Google. Its just the unknown. ...
Plus, ive just been with TW for so long.
Im going to do some more checking into Google tonight.

Thank u guys and keep em coming (beep)

Vtfu all! Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Nightkap - I am definitely interested in Google. Its just the unknown. ...
Plus, ive just been with TW for so long.
Im going to do some more checking into Google tonight.

Thank u guys and keep em coming (beep)

Vtfu all! Phone Post 3.0

Time Warner is shit and next to Comcast has one of, if not the lowest customer satisfaction ratings of ALL cable providers. Google shits upon them, Verizon, Comcrap etc, in terms of speed alone and rumour is their customer service and support is top notch too.