Need Career Advice.

I was in ops management at UPS for nine years. Left because of the mistreatment of management and lack of admirable opportunities--didn't want more abuse and tired of peak seasons.

Left for a job at an e-commerce distribution center. Again, ops mgmt with a seasonal company where I have to miss time with my family. I told myself I'd give it a year but the fact is I'm tired of being off for a holiday just to work an extra day that weekend twice as hard.

So...bachelors in business, almost ten years of ops management experience in a distribution/logistics environment, and wants out. Now what?

Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia, and what's your experience with Salmon?

Any chance you can get on as a business or sales guy for a warehouse or some other supply chain software company?

Call a recruiter/ staffing company. There's companies looking for guys like you. Phone Post 3.0

klabo - Call a recruiter/ staffing company. There's companies looking for guys like you. Phone Post 3.0

This is interesting. You mean like a temp staffing agency?

where do you live? If you don't like long hours stay out of IT.

Cps lol. Phone Post 3.0

cruedi - where do you live? If you don't like long hours stay out of IT.

Greater Cincinnati area

Arglebargle BBC 4eva - 
klabo - Call a recruiter/ staffing company. There's companies looking for guys like you. Phone Post 3.0

This is interesting. You mean like a temp staffing agency?

there are places like aerotek that do a lot of permanent placement too.

What would you like to do. I have a decent network in the Cincy area now Phone Post 3.0

panic686 - What would you like to do. I have a decent network in the Cincy area now Phone Post 3.0

Management isn't aleayd a bad gig. I was starting to consider sales as well.

Truth be told I'd rather do something where I'm responsible for myself and myself only. Burns don't know what to get into that would make over 60 a year when I've been in management my whole career with a degree in business.

Bump. Thinking about moving further south but don't know where to start.