NEED GOOD THOUGHTS FOR DAD

Call it prayer, call it good thoughts, call it whatever you want.

My dad needs all the help he can get. The last two months have been the worst of his life. He recently purchased a home and was doing really well at his job. He made the mistake of going out, having a few too many drinks, and hitting a street sign.

He called me the next day and told me he was contemplating suicide. I asked him what happened and he told me. See, he lives in Florida which is unbelievably tough on DUI's (which is how states should be). He told me what was going to happen and, sure enough, on the next working day he was fired because he didn't have a driver's license (he's an air conditioning technician).

I told him that he needed to apply for a "work only" driving permit and he did and got it. But last week, it expired and he knew it was only a few days before he lost the other job he managed to get.

He's losing his job, losing his house, is 55 years old, and will probably end up on the street very soon. His depression is getting worse every single day and I have to call him daily to make sure he's still keeping somewhat positive hopes...

But it's not working. Sometimes he calls me in tears, talking about just saying 'fuck it', ending it all, and it scares the hell out of me. I told him to sell everything and just move out here, stay with me, get some help, and get back on his feet, but I don't think it's going to happen. It would be unbelievably difficult to take care of my son AND my dad by myself, but I love them both enough to do it.

He's got his head too far down to see it, and that really frightens me.

I know he screwed up and he's going to get punished, as he should, but if you guys could say a quick word, or think a good thought, for him to keep his head up about what happens...I'd really appreciate it. I don't want him to take a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Thank you,

SCRAP

I'll be praying for your father.Hang in there.

sorry to here about your father's situation....I will pray for you both

Done.  Keep us updated.

For Sure man, hes in my prayers.

Bro, I wish you and your father all the best in this extremely tough situation. I can understand both he and you are going through a very tough time, but it also sounds like he is trying to get to you with emotional manipulation. so be sure to realize that if anything happens, it´s not your fawlt in any way.

it maybe sounds abit silly, but tell him that it is always darkest before sunrise..

SCRAPPER,

Man, my heart goes out to you. I hope your father pulls out of his depression and finds hope. It must be terrible for you. I'm going through a very confusing time too, so I really feel for your dad. I've felt myself saying "fuck it" to just about every issue in my life.

We've never met, but I think of you as my friend.

I hope your dad can find enough peace and acceptance to take the little steps necessary to find some solid ground, from which he can rebuild his life and sense of security. You have my deepest wishes for a successful outcome.

I will certainly be praying for your father.

done..

God bless your father and give you both the strength and patience you need to surpass these dificulties.

Perhaps he needs to go into medication, like prozac, if he has been depressed for more than two months...

You got it Scrapper

the rev

TTT

I will pray for your Dad, Scrapper.