Need help buying a golf bag.

Any og golfers got recommendations? Is Amazon okay to purchase from? Phone Post 3.0

How serious of a player are you? Just got one of the new PING Hoofer 14's and I love it.

I'm just beginning but I'd still like a decent bag cause I'm tryna be a bourgie ass neeg. Will look into Ping. Ty VU Phone Post 3.0

Buy a hoofer bag. Any of the major names is fine. Don't get one of those huge leather monstrosities.

A bag with solid straps that are somewhat comfortable and look like they won't break.

Everything else doesn't matter.

What does 5 way, 14 way mean?? Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac - What does 5 way, 14 way mean?? Phone Post 3.0
Club spaces. Phone Post 3.0

Get a Czervik.

If you're just beginning I'm guessing you'll play a lot of courses that you'll be walking. Just get something that's light and has two straps. And enough room for beer. Tons of different bags out there but they're pretty much all designed similarly.

I think ogio (so?) has decent light weight bags that will serve well enough. I wouldn't get some huge single strapped tour bag.

Unless you always want to get a pull cart. Then it doesn't matter. Phone Post 3.0

Alco Hauler -

Get a Czervik.

So? So let's dance! Phone Post 3.0

I've had plenty of them.

OGIO is where it's at. Design is so far ahead of most stuff out there.

The full length dividers alone are worth your weight in gold. Without them, shafts cross, making clubs hare to pull out.

Which model depends on if you walk or ride.

Stand bags are great, and they do fit on the car. That being said, your woods will be closest to you, obscuring your view of the shorter clubs like irons.

There's nothing worse than forgetting a wedge on a green. A stand bag on the cart makes it much tougher to see if all of your wedges are in their slots before you move on.

I have an Ogio stand bag, but I'm going to grab a cart bag from them as well for this season.

Amazon is fine.

MY BAG IS PING.

If you're american (I am not) then check out rockbottomgolf for good deals. Phone Post 3.0

SDinsomniac - I'm just beginning but I'd still like a decent bag cause I'm tryna be a bourgie ass neeg. Will look into Ping. Ty VU Phone Post 3.0

Cool welcome to the game. There's definitely other good brands out there I'm just personally biased towards ping, but I've played and carried my whole life and they've lasted me really well. A carry bag on the cheaper end of the PING scale would do you just fine for a long time

SDinsomniac - What does 5 way, 14 way mean?? Phone Post 3.0

5-way means that there's 5 individual slots to put the clubs in at the top of the bag, which is more traditional. 14-way has 14 slots to put clubs into putting one club in each one I guess. Its a weird design I wouldn't buy any bag with the 14 way design

I've used ping hoofer for years. Just got a new one this past Xmas. Solid bag if u walk Phone Post 3.0

great recommends on this thread so far

Ogio Vapor or Ping Hoofer are awesome stand bags

If you are looking for a cart bag (and have no allegiance to any particular brand) look into Sun Mountain C 130

Gforce - I've had plenty of them.

OGIO is where it's at. Design is so far ahead of most stuff out there.

The full length dividers alone are worth your weight in gold. Without them, shafts cross, making clubs hare to pull out.

Which model depends on if you walk or ride.

Stand bags are great, and they do fit on the car. That being said, your woods will be closest to you, obscuring your view of the shorter clubs like irons.

There's nothing worse than forgetting a wedge on a green. A stand bag on the cart makes it much tougher to see if all of your wedges are in their slots before you move on.

I have an Ogio stand bag, but I'm going to grab a cart bag from them as well for this season.

Amazon is fine.
Thank you sir that was helpful Phone Post 3.0

In. I'm due for a new bag this season. (Not talking about my wife) Phone Post 3.0

Gforce - "I've had plenty of them. OGIO is where it's at. Design is so far ahead of most stuff out there. The full length dividers alone are worth your weight in gold. Without them, shafts cross, making clubs hare to pull out. Which model depends on if you walk or ride. Stand bags are great, and they do fit on the car. That being said, your woods will be closest to you, obscuring your view of the shorter clubs like irons. There's nothing worse than forgetting a wedge on a green. A stand bag on the cart makes it much tougher to see if all of your wedges are in their slots before you move on. I have an Ogio stand bag, but I'm going to grab a cart bag from them as well for this season. Amazon is fine."

This is decent advice but don't think that you need a cart bag for a second SDinsonmiac. You're a beginner, just grab a good carry bag and move on honestly.

I love my titleist 5 way bag. It basically has padded backpack straps which are great. Although I like walking when I play. If I was a regular cart rider Id get a 14 slot bag that props nicely in the cart. Phone Post 3.0