Need help buying a golf bag.

OGIO makes very good bags. They are very well made. They make more than just golf bags. I have an Ogio backpack, ogio luggage and a tank bag for my motorcycle. Phone Post 3.0

Decided on a ping. Ogio are very pricey but will probably be reconsidered if I ever step up my game and get a new bag. I got the L8 because i did want one too bulky. Phone Post 3.0

Didnt* Phone Post 3.0

Go with Titleist. Don't get Callaway.
14 way bags help keep your clubs organized Phone Post 3.0

I am looking also. But I'm looking for a good cart bag. I think I'm going with the Ping DLX II
Phone Post 3.0

Are you going to walk and carry, pull/push cart, or ride mainly? I split my time riding and walked. I have taylormade woods and irons so I got a taylormade bag. I go with 6 way because I have a little ocd. Putter and 2 wedges in large slot on bottom. Driver, 3, and hybrid in large top slot. The rest get 2 clubs a slot. I really like my bag. If i was to walk more I'd go Ogio. Personal opinion is bags don't matter if you ride all the time. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone have any insight on good cart bags? Phone Post 3.0

war machine drove a prius - 
SDinsomniac - I'm just beginning but I'd still like a decent bag cause I'm tryna be a bourgie ass neeg. Will look into Ping. Ty VU Phone Post 3.0

Cool welcome to the game. There's definitely other good brands out there I'm just personally biased towards ping, but I've played and carried my whole life and they've lasted me really well. A carry bag on the cheaper end of the PING scale would do you just fine for a long time

I'm also a huge fan.

Plus, I can get them cheap. As you know, Ping is Nazieqsue about not allowing anyone to get a discount. Shit, they have jammed up online dealers for offering free shipping. They were the original vertical price fixer--long before Apple came along.

One of my best friends is a Ping pro. My current set (G5s) was actually free. He gave it to me for some computer work I did for him. Honestly, I didn't do enough work to deserve it. Dude gave me a putter, shoes, the whole nine yards. Even filled the fucking bag with balls.

That being said, my Ping set resides in an Ogio bag. The design is light years ahead of it with regard to features.

The huge ball pocket with a giant handle and spring loaded door (instead of a zipper) is worth it alone.

With regard to your earlier comment that he does not need an expensive bag as a new player, you are correct. But as a chump, it's sure nice grabbing that handle and pulling out a few more balls as opposed to working that zipper every other hole.

I normally wouldn't derail OP's thread.... But since he's already decided on a bag...

Speaking of Ping, what's your take on the G30s? I think that it's time for a new set.

I'm between that (which again, I can get out the back door), or Nike Vapor Speeds.

Finally, any take on a taller guy (nearly 6'4" on my orthotics) going with +1?

I was professionally fitted for my pings by the regional fitter (with the big RV van, etc). 3 up, +1/2.

I'm having a problem topping the ball and hitting toe shots. I've done a lot of lessons recently, and a lot of it has to do with me lifting my upper body away from the ball on the downswing.

I have really small feet for my height (10 1/2), so if I lean too far forward at address, I start to lose my balance forward on the backswing. My only way to stop falling is to push off my toes, which causes me to come up and away from the ball.

Right now, the only way I can address the ball without excessive forward lean is with excessive knee bend and or crowding in close to the ball. Any other way and I end up with my weight on my toes at address, which is a recipe for disaster.

I've worked extensively with two teaching pros and a friend who is a scratch player--all three tell me that it's my call and not a bad idea.

I'm just hesitant, because the fittings/charts do not advise going this long.

That being said, Golf channel did a segment on taller players, and a couple of those guys say that they play + 1 1/2" @ 6'4".

I picked up a demo ping 7 in #1 and my white dot--so far it seems to work for me.

I am I making a mistake in doing this with a full set? Also, I see a lot of tall guys putting more length on the shorter clubs (e.g. the 8 iron shaft length is used for everything on up). Just curious on input here.

The g30s were insanely easy to hit and long. They were a little too chunky for my liking but if you don't mind the top-line I would recommend them. Maybe the easiest to hit irons I've tried.

As far as the length, I recommend getting fit again but at a really good fitter. Like a club champion or something similar. Where are you, if you are in the DC/phily area I can recommend some good fitters. It will cost you a little more but it will be worth it if you are gonna drop around $1,000 on a set of irons. Tell them what you posted about the length issues and you can try hitting some different lengths. Also hit off a lie board to figure out how upright you should be playing.

When you were fit last time did they just do your height and wrist to the floor to get your measurements? That's not a bad way to get it but it's just a generalization and not as accurate. I'm 6'1 and I think with my height and wrist to the floor I should play .25 and 2 up but I play .50 and std because I hit those better.

Also if you get fit by a good fitter you can try a bunch of shafts and won't just automatically get the stock shaft. The shaft you are playing will be just as important as the head. Maybe you will love the stock, maybe you won't but the only way to know if to hit a few of them. Phone Post 3.0

It was a dynamic fitting. Measurements, swinging, lie board, etc.

Been done multiple times.

I'm up and down the East Coast all the time--frequently near both DC and Philly.

Alco Hauler -

Get a Czervik.

That looks like the magic 8 ball jacket of golf clubs Phone Post 3.0

Ping hoofer. They are timeless and have to be the most popular bag of anyone who plays serious and doesn't have a staff bag. Phone Post 3.0

Cadillacphat - Anyone have any insight on good cart bags? Phone Post 3.0

Sun Mountain C130 or the Ping Pioneer are my recommendations

Gforce, I missed the part where you got for by the regional fitter. My bad, sounds like u had a legit fitting. If you feel more comfortable with the plus one inch, I'd say try that. Worst case, if you get the sticks and you think they are two long you can just trim them half an inch. Phone Post 3.0

Gforce - 
war machine drove a prius - 
SDinsomniac - I'm just beginning but I'd still like a decent bag cause I'm tryna be a bourgie ass neeg. Will look into Ping. Ty VU Phone Post 3.0

Cool welcome to the game. There's definitely other good brands out there I'm just personally biased towards ping, but I've played and carried my whole life and they've lasted me really well. A carry bag on the cheaper end of the PING scale would do you just fine for a long time

I'm also a huge fan.

Plus, I can get them cheap. As you know, Ping is Nazieqsue about not allowing anyone to get a discount. Shit, they have jammed up online dealers for offering free shipping. They were the original vertical price fixer--long before Apple came along.

One of my best friends is a Ping pro. My current set (G5s) was actually free. He gave it to me for some computer work I did for him. Honestly, I didn't do enough work to deserve it. Dude gave me a putter, shoes, the whole nine yards. Even filled the fucking bag with balls.

That being said, my Ping set resides in an Ogio bag. The design is light years ahead of it with regard to features.

The huge ball pocket with a giant handle and spring loaded door (instead of a zipper) is worth it alone.

With regard to your earlier comment that he does not need an expensive bag as a new player, you are correct. But as a chump, it's sure nice grabbing that handle and pulling out a few more balls as opposed to working that zipper every other hole.

I normally wouldn't derail OP's thread.... But since he's already decided on a bag...

Speaking of Ping, what's your take on the G30s? I think that it's time for a new set.

I'm between that (which again, I can get out the back door), or Nike Vapor Speeds.

Finally, any take on a taller guy (nearly 6'4" on my orthotics) going with +1?

I was professionally fitted for my pings by the regional fitter (with the big RV van, etc). 3 up, +1/2.

I'm having a problem topping the ball and hitting toe shots. I've done a lot of lessons recently, and a lot of it has to do with me lifting my upper body away from the ball on the downswing.

I have really small feet for my height (10 1/2), so if I lean too far forward at address, I start to lose my balance forward on the backswing. My only way to stop falling is to push off my toes, which causes me to come up and away from the ball.

Right now, the only way I can address the ball without excessive forward lean is with excessive knee bend and or crowding in close to the ball. Any other way and I end up with my weight on my toes at address, which is a recipe for disaster.

I've worked extensively with two teaching pros and a friend who is a scratch player--all three tell me that it's my call and not a bad idea.

I'm just hesitant, because the fittings/charts do not advise going this long.

That being said, Golf channel did a segment on taller players, and a couple of those guys say that they play + 1 1/2" @ 6'4".

I picked up a demo ping 7 in #1 and my white dot--so far it seems to work for me.

I am I making a mistake in doing this with a full set? Also, I see a lot of tall guys putting more length on the shorter clubs (e.g. the 8 iron shaft length is used for everything on up). Just curious on input here.

To be honest one question I'd have to ask before considering anything else would be, what is your handicap? It's nice to get fitted for clubs and all, but for someone who carries a 28 handicap, it wouldn't be necessary.

The g30's seem like fine clubs without knowing your skill level, but for someone that complained about having problems topping the ball, these are pretty expensive clubs for a beginner. Not to make any assumptions about how serious you are about the game or anything, but you'd probably be better off keeping your irons and spending the money on some lessons. New clubs and getting fitted won't help you much from topping the ball.

My whole set is Nike and I love my carry bag. It has held up for 2 years and going strong. Cart bags aren't for me I like stand bags as I walk a lot Phone Post 3.0