Need help on joining gym guys

hey guys i live in yakima, wa and i was going to join a gym in the next couple weeks, here in town i have 2 options pretty much. i can join the GRACIE BARRA gym ( it just was moved to a brand new facility) or i can join YAKIMA MMA (if you'll recall correctly meisha tate gave them a shout out after winning the title) im as big an mma nut as they come, but want your guys opinions and hopefully some real world experience, thanks guys more details available if asked.

Yamika MMA would be better imo.

TheBulgarianAssassin - Yamika MMA would be better imo.

lol its yakima, why do u think so?

really? nobody has a helpful opinion on bjj gym vs traditional mma gym? anybody?

omar1270 - 

Lol I spelled it wrong, okay. Well what do you wanna compete in? If you say gi BJJ then join GB, if you wanna do MMA then join MMA gym.

well i am very interested in both, thats why its so hard to pick one,

here's the info on the gb instructor
http://www.graciebarrabjjyakima.com/instructor.php

omar1270 - well i am very interested in both, thats why its so hard to pick one,

here's the info on the gb instructor
http://www.graciebarrabjjyakima.com/instructor.php

The Gracie Barra people aren't actual Gracies btw. That's just their name. Try out both places and see which one you like better.

TheBulgarianAssassin -
omar1270 - 

Lol I spelled it wrong, okay. Well what do you wanna compete in? If you say gi BJJ then join GB, if you wanna do MMA then join MMA gym.

This. I'm sure the MMA gym has an upper belt instructor that can teach Gi too Phone Post

would the mma gym teach more of a hybrid style of bjj? one thing i really thought was cool about the gb was that i could progress through belts, do mma gyms do anything like this that gives you a good sense of where you're at or its just kinda up to u to see how much you've progressed?

omar1270 - would the mma gym teach more of a hybrid style of bjj? one thing i really thought was cool about the gb was that i could progress through belts, do mma gyms do anything like this that gives you a good sense of where you're at or its just kinda up to u to see how much you've progressed?

Dude, you don't need a belt to tell you how skilled you are. So your logic there is flawed. Just train and get better.

TheBulgarianAssassin - 
omar1270 - would the mma gym teach more of a hybrid style of bjj? one thing i really thought was cool about the gb was that i could progress through belts, do mma gyms do anything like this that gives you a good sense of where you're at or its just kinda up to u to see how much you've progressed?

Dude, you don't need a belt to tell you how skilled you are. So your logic there is flawed. Just train and get better.

no lol what i meant was that i liked that theres a belt that you can keep setting as a goal, u know its like an extra motivator, not saying it the way u thought

Any good gym owners understand what a difficult and intimidating choice this can be. Thats why most, if not all offer a one week free trial. Try them both out for a week and then make your decision.

Mica Kizbig - Any good gym owners understand what a difficult and intimidating choice this can be. Thats why most, if not all offer a one week free trial. Try them both out for a week and then make your decision.

That's the only answer you need. Go try them out. Heck, pay for a week, or a month, at each if you have too. Take a test drive.

Yeah try out both and then make a decision.

thanks guys always appreciate it