Need human perspective on this video

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I forgot that I use to work at Ralphs. Half the employees had been there for 25+ years and were making $30+ an hour. However those kind of paydays are long gone over there

6 Likes

Most likely a bit autistic or retarted. I’m not demeaning the person, my uncle who is 63
And is most likely undiagnosed on the autism spectrum, worked at one factory for 20 some years and missed one day of work. That place closed and he went to another Factory for another 20 years and missed only two days .
Those type of personality traits in low skill jobs work out well. Thee types tend to be non confrontational and gentle. I bet that guy loves going to work and is damn good at his job. He definitely deserves to be paid more. I would hire him in a second . It’s easy to poke fun at someone working in fast food for 30 years but maybe that is their ceiling, or comfort level. At least they are working and being productive.

34 Likes

Yeah im thinking something as well that the guy is probably “low functioning” in some way and he really did find the perfect job for him. Hope, though i dont expect, that he got a bunch of raises over the years

2 Likes

A lot of Kroger grocery stores around here have guys like that bagging groceries and such. Steady job for them, they’re always nice. I’ve seen a few guys for 15+ years now

3 Likes

Holy shit, havent been to Kokomo since i was a kid.

Guy is an unsung hero IMO.

2 Likes

Retards make better fast food workers than black people

6 Likes

He probably makes 30 dollars an hour after 30 years of small 50c raises.

He’s very community driven in a positive way. That shit is rare, nowadays.

3 Likes

The local grocery chain by me does that. They bag your groceries and take them to your car and unload them.

3 Likes

I worked graveyard stocking shelves at a supermarket for 2 years, and the other two main guys had been there like 15+ years. They werent low iq or autistic types, always thought it was weird they never tried for anything better.

One had a wife and kids and was always grumpy and tired cause he had to work a 2nd job and hardly slept. Seemed like a shitty life.

The other just rented a room in an old ladies house and I think was an alcaholic. He had an indifferent type attitude and his slacker lifestyle probably seemed cool when he started, but not when your pushing 50.

I guess some people just get complacent and dont like change. Im always looking towards the next move. Oh and those guys were only making the same as me too.

1 Like

I know a few people like this. They make me ashamed, because they are absolutely maxing out their potential. I, admittedly, am not.

1 Like

I have never been into team sports and never understood those who get so deep into it when they’ve got no ties to it.

But damn, if that’s what makes that old gentleman happy, so be it.

Good for him.

6 Likes

Agreed, get a life. Be a fan of your own life!

I have an older cousin who is mentally impaired. She probably has an IQ around 60. She got a job in the local school cafeteria and worked there for 30 years, and retired with a pension and a 401K. She will also get social security and medicare benefits. That’s a success, as far as I’m concerned.

9 Likes

Respect. He’s either doing what he can, doing what he should or doing what he loves and the consistency is admirable.

Not everyone is built to function in society and if this is how he does it then good for him.

4 Likes

I have a cousin that’s similar. Physically, he’s about 45. Mentally he’s 16. He’s an incredibly sweet guy and has walked the few blocks to work where he bags groceries and has done that since he was physically 16/17 years old.

At least he’s trying to do something and trying to contribute to society.

3 Likes

Holy shit, thats next level customer service! Do you have to give the bag boy a ride back to work?!

My Poppa worked for Kimberley Clark for 40 years without a missed day. Took regular vacation but no sick days whatsoever. He got a plaque.

4 Likes