Need job advice

I'll give a short run down,

Full time STEM student with a tough schedule M-F, train at a high level competition team for Jiujitsu M-F, and work 12 hour shifts sat and sun. This nearly killed me having like 5 days off last semester.

I requested my boss to remove saturday from my schedule a few months ago. He gave me that day off once saying he would work on it and then nothing came of it. 

The process of new hires at my site (hospital security) is pretty thourough and things have to go through the client so there's a logistic difficulty here as well. Regardless I want a day off but don't know how to ask to get that day removed without getting a run around.

I really don't want to find a new job, any advice?

No offense, but if you're too fragile to ask to the point you would consider a different job instead of asking, then you probably need to grow up some and realize that a comfortable life requires doing things that make you uncomfortable from time to time.

White woman whitewomansplains white privileged and how it relates to this case:

Powerful: Woman Gets A Standing Ovation After Speech About The Killing Of Atatiana Jefferson & White Privilege! - WorldstarHipHop

YoU'rE a SnOwFlaKE OP

idc what you think I'm looking for advice dad

lol, good luck with life, kid.

Drop some JJ, it's fun and all, but won't help you in the future.

1 Like
WikiTheWalrus -

No offense, but if you're too fragile to ask to the point you would consider a different job instead of asking, then you probably need to grow up some and realize that a comfortable life requires doing things that make you uncomfortable from time to time.

He actually gave solid advice my friend! u wont get in life what u dont ask for.

Bert, that's what I'm thinking but I'd liketo do it in a way that I salvage the relationship and don't put a gun to his head. As in "cut my schedulr or I quit" kind of thing. Unsure how to go about this.

Kevinbarbers1 -
WikiTheWalrus -

He actually gave solid advice my friend! u wont get in life what u dont ask for.

The thing about the internet is no one knows what everything is, I gave a rundown of the situation but I'm not gonna explain myself to a 40 y/o loser on the internet who thinks I'm fragile. 

Closed mouths don''t get fed I get it, but he's part of the problem with the OG and why this site is dying.

"No offense, but youre fragile" yeah okay bud 

So your dream is to compete in BJJ and you go to school so financial aid will subsidize your training? Why not just work full time and train full time?

Jake95 -

Nice ninja edit

I was gonna delete everything and abandon thread but I'll retype it 

Jake95 -

I was gonna delete everything and abandon thread but I'll retype it 

Is the thread too tough for your brittle soul?

I don't do this for fun, I train with high level competitors and I go to school for financial aid to help me pursue my dreams

Jake95 -
Kevinbarbers1 -
WikiTheWalrus -

The thing about the internet is no one knows what everything is, I gave a rundown of the situation but I'm not gonna explain myself to a 40 y/o loser on the internet who thinks I'm fragile. 

Closed mouths don''t get fed I get it, but he's part of the problem with the OG and why this site is dying.

Youll be alright my friend, you know what you want, so at least tell your boss what's on your mind and go from there!

If I'm being transparent the money helps me and I know it would make my parents happy to see me get a degree

I don't deal with terrorists but I''l leave this out here for the people who care to give actual advice, guess I have to have a significant other cheat on me for the OG to rally behind me

Kevinbarbers1 -
Jake95 -
Kevinbarbers1 -
WikiTheWalrus -

Youll be alright my friend, you know what you want, so at least tell your boss what's on your mind and go from there!

Thank you for chiming in friend

I loved JJ, but it doesn't pay the bills.  If your only working 2 days a week, I day of is like a 50% reduction.  Heck, your boss might be looking for somebody to replace you.

school, job, work.  If you can't handle all three one has to go, no?