Need some inspration..

I am back to jiu jitsu after about a 6 year layoff. Been back training for about 6 months.. I am second stripe white.. My instructor has been putting me against mostly bule belts.. Some with up to 3 stripes and a purple every now and then. I am currently 41 are working hard to stay fit. My point is that I am totally getting spanked in training.. Today i taped probally 10 times.. At best i can roll a 5 min round without tapping against a mid level blue. I just try to survive with upper belts..

My point is that I am just getting frustrated. But i am thinking that my instructor has me against blues for a reason.. There are plenty of whites in the class but they are not for me.. Not sure why???

Personally I prefer to roll with people better than myself. I don't have a ego when it comes to getting tapped. I do have a problem with going with people better than myself and them always wanting to go 100%. I don't feel anyone really learns anything from going all out every time they roll. Maybe you should discuss this with your instructor. Phone Post

As you describe it, I'm guessing it's because he doesn't trust you with the other whites. You're likely too strong/explosive/spazzy/competetive/etc. He has an obligation to protect you and your fellow whitebelts from you. Worry less about winning and less about how long you can fight off the loss. Worry more about how you can stay calm, smooth, and relaxed while you work the technique you've been taught.

Right I just try hard to fight offthe loss.. It all I can do about those nasty blue belts...

And for inspiration part: Just keep training! Don't stop. It's these moments that define you and your future. As Rickson said "Jiujitsu teaches you to be in hell, AND LOVE IT."

Keep doing it , oh and keep your hips down

plain and simple, you need to change your mindset as you at least sound like a whiner. You are a white belt, not some world class black belt competitor. Those w higher rank WILL and SHOULD beat you, they have more experience and higher skill level. Instead of getting mad over losing, its time to start being analytical and figure out what you are doing that is making you get caught. As soon as you start figuring THAT out, you will start lasting longer and giving them more trouble. Till then, your ego is going to do nothing more then hamper you and make you quit again eventually (as you will keep losing and feel like a failure) if you don't change your mindset.

why is a white belt talking like this?

just show up. that's your number one priority. showing up to class.

^Exactly.

Stop thinking about belts, counting the number of times you tap, and if/why your coach is picking on you. Instead, show up, be cool, and work on learning and winning the small victories...ie: doing the basics correctly, like relaxing/not spazzing, shrimping, good posture, escaping, and establishing good position if/when you miracle yourself out from under the ass-kicking cloud.

I've been training for 10yrs and I still get worked by the rainbow of belt colors for a variety of reasons(age, experience, techniques/variations/setups I've never seen before, etc). And I still concentrate on winning the small victories, especially the next time around(ie: if I know they're better and getting worked is inevitable).

i'm a brown. been in it over 10+ years.

i have brought people into bjj that are now better than me.

i have a 145lbs. brown that i got into bjj in '04. i outweigh him by 80lbs. he is bbetter than me now. i don't care that he went through the ranks quickly, just kicking ass. it's awesome actually.

Why don't you talk to your professor about this issue you're having. You might be surprised and find out that you're actually doing great and all he wants to do is push you. No point in letting your mind go wild.

hitmeharder - I am back to jiu jitsu after about a 6 year layoff. Been back training for about 6 months.. I am second stripe white.. My instructor has been putting me against mostly bule belts.. Some with up to 3 stripes and a purple every now and then. I am currently 41 are working hard to stay fit. My point is that I am totally getting spanked in training.. Today i taped probally 10 times.. At best i can roll a 5 min round without tapping against a mid level blue. I just try to survive with upper belts..

My point is that I am just getting frustrated. But i am thinking that my instructor has me against blues for a reason.. There are plenty of whites in the class but they are not for me.. Not sure why???

I'm 41 also. I love to roll with upper belts, and you should be happy to be doing so because it will teach you to survive which is the number one white belt lesson. Make sure when you roll, it's not to "win", but rather to apply the basics you're being taught.

defend defend defend,no matter what you will learn to defend

defend defend defend,no matter what you will learn to defend

If you need others to inspire you to do jiu jitsu, then maybe it's not for you. Jiu jitsu in and of itself should inspire you to train.

Now if you have a question as to why your instructor has you do certain things, or train with certain people, ask him, you are paying to learn jiu jitsu, asking questions is paramount to learning!

As for tapping (and i tap a lot), it shows me what i am lacking, something that needs improvement, better understanding, a better way to move, a weakness that needs addressed, and if you are a begginner, with no prior grappling experience you have weaknesses in every area, start understanding what some of your basic weaknesses are and attack it mentally then physically.