Need some really urgent advise!!!

ZePMan: I'll do that, I'll ice it afte every work out, yesterday I only practiced some technique and that was about it, today it is feeling really good.

Wildcard: I have seen a doctor, it was he who told me that I have tore some ligaments, and he said that my collar bone will remain a little bit poped up from now on, it happened the same a couple of years ago whit my other arm, but it was wile I was punching the bag, but it didn't hurt as much as this time, so now both my collars bones will look the same, now I'm back to normal again lol. And about your friend pain, pain, pain, just imagin it makes me hurt. What was the out come of it? did he ever got it back to a 100%?
did he needed surgery?

Fabio

Javier Flores,

Be sure to say hi to Chris Brennan while you are here ya cheapskate!

Both of his shoulders were actually out of whack. After that last incident the doctors decided physical rehab wouldn't cut it and he did surgery.

First tried a less intrusive, newer technique. Not sure how it works, but apparently treats the ligaments like those plastics that shrink and tighten when you heat them up.

That seemed to work fine for one shoulder, but the other one dislocated again. Eventually had that one operated using more traditional technique where they cut/fold the ligaments and staple them back to the bone to shorten them.

Hasn't dislocated it again since, but has given up a lot of activities that could cause it to tear/pull.

My Expert advice:

1. Dislocations are on direct impact (unless a large force is applied, i.e. a car accident)
2. Shoulder separation will need plain xrays, INTERPERETED BY A RADIOLIGIST (I know a few Chiropracters who try to interperet themselves).
3. If you are not allergic to any of the following, and you do not have liver or kidney problems, you can:

800mg of Motrin (Advil, Ibuprofen) 3 times a day
1 Regular Strength Tylenol 4 times a day

4. Try to perform full Range of Motion (ROM)exercises as often as possible, this will decrease inflamation and speed recovery. NOTE: DO NOT REPRODUCE THE PAIN. It may be painful to do ROM's, but should not be as painful as the initial injury, and it should not cause increased pain after doing so.

One word. Morphine

Wildcard: That's some really ugly stuf, getting both dislocated

Andrew Doe: But if I take some thing for the pain, shouldn't it be bad because I will not know were it is hurting most? And the exercies you'r telling me about are something like moving my arm in a circles?

Thanks

Fabio

kanotoa: Thanks, it's getting better I thik, but I'm really anxious to get back to boxing

No, Fabio. These meds will not take away the pain they will reduce inflammation, but some pain will remain. Y

Yes, also raise your arm to the side, in front, and backwards, too.